Official Grand Traverse Bays 2020

Discussion in 'Big Lake Cold Water Fishing Reports' started by Outdoor2daCore, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Hunts4ducks

Hunts4ducks

Little ones.

2. TVCJohn

TVCJohn

Just got back from a spin with mama. About 6 boats dragging in the hole and 1 jigger. The hole below the weir had a few fish as did the hatchery runs themselves. Even seen a blue salmon fly hung up on one of the jumps. EB looked to have 2 boats out dragging. I bet it was a bumpy ride on that side.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    John Hine likes this.

3. Hunts4ducks

Hunts4ducks

Out of Yuba today
    Several knockoffs and had em on for awhile. Ended up with 6 jack kings and 1 Cisco. Another boat with us caught 4 lakers, 2 Cisco’s and a Coho. Great couple of days fishing on the bay 07146735-8183-433C-8C2C-833867827EC3.jpeg 9CB9A7EF-3A72-4AB5-875D-D0CB8C012BEA.jpeg 07146735-8183-433C-8C2C-833867827EC3.jpeg 07146735-8183-433C-8C2C-833867827EC3.jpeg 07146735-8183-433C-8C2C-833867827EC3.jpeg 07146735-8183-433C-8C2C-833867827EC3.jpeg 9CB9A7EF-3A72-4AB5-875D-D0CB8C012BEA.jpeg

4. Honeydo

Honeydo

Fished easy bay out of Yuba for the first time today after we waited out the the storm this morning...got 4 fish 3 lakers and one jack king...probly missed a couple...was great day spending time with my oldest son on the water...we wanted to cacth some cisco too..but did not get any..amazingly amount of fish on the graph...special thanks to John Hine for info on how to fish the bay...my son likes to be in boat with bare feet like John..LOL..

Attached Files:

5. someone11

someone11

Just an FYI those are immature kings not jacks. Jacks are 1 year old mature males.

Sparky23 and John Hine like this.
  6. andyotto

andyotto

Thank you!

Pumpintheline likes this.
  7. Hunts4ducks

Hunts4ducks

Honeydo that was us you passed as we were both trolling. it’s always good to see a fellow MS out there.
    It was a great day yesterday After the storms passed

John Hine and Honeydo like this.
  8. Honeydo

Honeydo

Hunts4ducks. After i seen your post i recognize you...didnt we launch right after you at the launch?

Hunts4ducks and John Hine like this.
  9. Sparky23

Sparky23 Banned

Jay was the one that accepted the plants from Wisconsin not the feds. Says whatever he needs to look good then does whatever his agenda follows.

10. Hunts4ducks

Hunts4ducks

Yes sir. That was us

11. JM White

JM White

So I am thinking I would like to try to get in on some perch fishing on east bay. I have a boat on a lift on the south side, by the south bank. I troll that area 3-4 times a week in prime season for kings, coho, lakers, and cisco. I have caught the odd perch here and there while bass fishing but have never spent a whole trip specifically targeting them. I have all the necessary tackle to fish for them and I know different techniques as well. My question is, what depth can they be found in this time of year? I was thinking around 10-30 ft? I know it is all about locating the fish and being able to stay on top of them and keep your bait in the "zone". I have heard the perch are in full swing right now or very close to it so any information would be very much appreciated! Thank you everyone and good luck out there!

12. John Hine

John Hine

I hate to say it but I think you’ll have a much harder time getting any tips on perch fishing, a lot of people hold their info very dear and close to the vest. I wish you all the luck just remember, the first rule about perch fishing is you don’t talk about perch fishing,And the second rule is, you don’t talk about perch fishing. Lol

13. TheHighLIfe

TheHighLIfe

yeah, the minute your 'property' (school of perch) sees a second boat fishing for them, they take off for WI - haha

so much for helping other human beings out - am sure no one ever helped you out

wish I could help you, jm, but I haven't fished for them in Traverse City

someone11 and fisheater like this.
  14. ausable_steelhead

ausable_steelhead

I don’t agree with this one be bit. Perch are not anywhere near the fishery they once were, and crowds just don’t work with them.

People want fish, get out there and figure it out. Most good perch fisherman spent lots of time and effort for their success. John Hine is absolutely correct in his post. The internet has created this situation, because people are entitled and lazy.

15. BigWoods

BigWoods

I will add that anytime Ive needed advice or help, John Hine has went well beyond.