Official Grand Traverse Bays 2020

Discussion in 'Big Lake Cold Water Fishing Reports' started by Outdoor2daCore, Mar 16, 2020.

1. ThreeDogsDown

ThreeDogsDown

Ha!!! I knew you would be. Its going to be a beautiful night, great fun, light winds, a smooth parking lot, and fish will be snappin.

I hope to see you and a lot of new faces. Once anyone does one of these contests, they are hooked. Like me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jobow, fishgtbay and John Hine like this.
  2. Seaking Silver

Seaking Silver

Fished out of ER this morning, went 9 for 12, all lakers. Lakers are fighting this year, had a hog make a run twice. Fished from the pond down to deep water point. 11 inch glow green jean paddle with a version of pickled sunshine I tied on a Black mag diver 200 pack was hot, 300 copper with chili willie was hot too. Couple here and there on spoons. The only thing that did’t get a fish was a j plug on a 10 color. We stayed deep, 200-400 with the riggers down 100. Temp was 50 at 75 feet. 46 at 100. Good luck in the tournament all, filter out some of those lakers to make room for some silver!

Jobow, ThreeDogsDown, Myler and 4 others like this.

3. Outdoorsman654

Outdoorsman654

Nice report. Thanks for info!

4. Fish King

Fish King

I'm just learning to jig the Bay, what type of spoons do most of you use. Weight, color, ? Any information is appreciated.

5. Jim_MI

Jim_MI

Jonah Jigs. 1-2 oz, green/white has worked well for me on multiple species in East Bay.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

6. Fish King

Fish King

Where can I pick some of those up at?

7. 6667supersport

6667supersport

He has a website you can buy them off of. Would imagine any of the local tackle shops would have them, or jigs from another company since jigging for lakers is so popular on the bays.

8. ThreeDogsDown

ThreeDogsDown

The NWMI Fishing Club ended our contest tonight on East Bay with 38 contestants, which is a huge turnout. Biggest Laker was won by FishGTBay just over 10lbs and Cory salvaged the salmon division with a 2lb King. Big payouts to those guys and a lot of fun.

We can fire the weatherman and burn down the doppler radar. It was rough until 830pm, then calmed down nicely.

It was great to see all the new teams and faces, the families and the young guys getting out there as well.

Thanks to all!

9. John Hine

John Hine

Had a great time at the tourney last night. Water was pretty rough north & I spent most of the first 2 hours hanging over the side of the boat loosing my lunch but it straightened up & I was finaly able to get lines in. Ended up with one small laker I threw back & a couple Cisco. Was really cool meeting everybody espically the guys from this site! I also can now say I have finaly been interviewed by the dnr fish counter dude! Heck of a nice guy as well!
    Saw a couple very nice salmon come thru the parking lot as well including one at 29 lbs. (not in the tourney)
    Thanks again to the NWMI fishing club guys.

10. someone11

someone11

Glad I could finally meet you John!

fishgtbay, Jobow and John Hine like this.
  11. Jobow

Jobow

Thanks for putting this on! I had such a great time participating. What a great group of sportsman!

Nice job Fishgtbay and Cory on the big fish!

John, it was great to finally meet you. Sorry to hear about your lunch. I too was surprised how bumpy it was out there.

Someone11, I am sorry I missed you there. I am sure we will cross paths again shortly.

12. Reelpositive

Reelpositive

Jobow, sounds like I need to get my a$$ up there on a Wednesday night and get in on this great tourney and group. And with the luck that I've have had lately, I don't think ANYONE should be worried about me taking any prize money!!

ThreeDogsDown and Jobow like this.
  13. fishgtbay

fishgtbay

Reelpositive, we are actually fishing in your neck of the woods next Wednesday, Birch lake Elk Rapids Largest Walleye/ Largest non-walleye....stay tuned for details

ThreeDogsDown and Jobow like this.
  14. Jobow

Jobow

Hell yeah I hope you can make it! This is a great group to donate our entry fees to! I will be there again this Wednesday.

ThreeDogsDown likes this.
  15. ThreeDogsDown

ThreeDogsDown

Ha! We are a bunch of blind pigs snuffling out the truffles.

Jobow and fishgtbay like this.