Official Grand Traverse Bays 2020

Discussion in 'Big Lake Cold Water Fishing Reports' started by Outdoor2daCore, Mar 16, 2020.

1. TVCJohn

TVCJohn

My neighbors a few houses down owns Warrior Lure Company (recall me mentioning the Warrior Watermelon spoons). He, his brother and their buds do alot of salmon fishing in NW MI testing lures, tournaments, etc and are in touch with what's biting and where. Last I spoke to him he said the bays are slow to nothing. That was last week. If I see anything I'll report back in. No news is slow news.

2. John Hine

John Hine

Ha! Everyone knows you run Hula-Popers on copper! Jitterbugs on leadcore! :)

3. ThreeDogsDown

ThreeDogsDown

Of all my digs in that posting (re-filling wallet, big tall good looking guy etc), you go for the Hula Popper. Well played Sir, well played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jobow, John Hine, andyotto and 2 others like this.
  4. FISHallYOUcan

FISHallYOUcan

Went 5/9 Wednesday morning W. Bay. 1 cisco, 4 Lakers all on cowbells with green peanuts and spin n glos. Lost a salmon or steelhead on Moonshine bloody nose on top stacker... only saw it surface from a far, nice run though. I had temp 56* @ 40 feet down.

5. The Fishing Pollock

The Fishing Pollock

2 for 4 this morning out of ER. 100'ish over 200. Was a Chinese fire drill first thing. didn't even get a smoke lit after setting rods before the first one went off. As soon as the sun got up over the trees, it stopped stone cold. Picked up a single a few hours later just before heading in. Spoons and a big jointed rapala did the trick. GF got her first laker. And yes. That is a bassboat with a set of captains packs on it . 116370734_4155532367851253_6274501042640117574_n.jpg

6. Seaking Silver

Seaking Silver

I was checking the surface water temps on the coast watch site, it’s showing 32.6.? Looks like a huge amount of cold water in the entire northern basin, anyone on the bays confirm an actual reading? Did the lake flip already?

7. John Hine

John Hine

Definitely some cold water around, it will flip and flop with the wind direction

Seaking Silver likes this.
  8. Outdoor2daCore

Outdoor2daCore

I saw that as well but wasn’t sure if it was true either. Need to get out soon to confirm

Seaking Silver likes this.
  9. andyotto

andyotto

Bet you 5 bucks it’s not 32! Lol

10. TVCJohn

TVCJohn

John Hine likes this.
  11. sportsman98

sportsman98

12. someone11

someone11

Sounds like 72 surface today on east bay

Outdoor2daCore likes this.
  13. Outdoor2daCore

Outdoor2daCore

Sounds reasonable, I knew it wasn’t that cold but wondered if or how much it cooled off.

andyotto likes this.
  14. ThreeDogsDown

ThreeDogsDown

While the big lake is settling down a bit, you guys are invited to Silver Lake (Grand Traverse County) Tomorrow Night (Wednesday, 5 August) for our weekly competition. Registration starts at 5pm, lines in at 6. Come have some fun and win some cash.

fishgtbay and John Hine like this.
  15. FishMichv2

FishMichv2 Premium Member

Stopped to sip my coffee on the way to work this morning. Right off M22 looking east. Saw this rig net a fish right after I took this picture at about 7am. Was that someone here? Made it real tough for me to go to work. IMG_20200805_065853.jpg