close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

**Official 2017 Muskegon Wastewater Thread**

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by LakeEffectMDHA, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Matt.tzew

Matt.tzew

Any body have room for one more tomorrow? My friends that usually to go with me are working. PM me if you do. Thank you!

2. TNL

TNL

Good weather out there today. Any reports? Parties? Etc?

3. TNL

TNL

4. goosemanrdk

goosemanrdk

Wind was so strong that the gun shots couldn't be heard. lol

Work is so busy these days, that I don't have time to visit and post. Saturday we drew 2nd in the morning and took my first choice. Birds didn't cooperate at all. Shot 2 geese. Went back out standby in the afternoon and managed 3 mallards, and proceeded to watch the birds be uncooperative. Had very low hopes for yesterday based on bird behavior over the weekend and what I saw scouting Monday night. Gave it a whirl anyways. Drew 1st, but had to pick second due to the use of a golden ticket. Still got the 1 spot I wanted. Like I said, I didn't have high hopes and the hunt had all the makings of a not fun waste water adventure. Stale birds, deep ridge tilled corn and very high winds. Well, it turned out amazing. We were covered in birds. Buddy and I shot 16 birds total. 12 ducks and 4 geese. Got 8 mallards, 3 black ducks and a gadwall to round out 2 full limits of ducks. This was my last trip to the waste water for the year and we ended it on a high note.

StiffNeckRob, BFG, TNL and 8 others like this.
  5. TNL

TNL

Well done g-man! Surprised the decoys didn't end up a zone or two over. Started and ended the year with a bang.

Enjoy your time in the sun with the fam.:)

goosemanrdk likes this.
  6. LakeEffectMDHA

LakeEffectMDHA

Anyone heading out Saturday for the final duck day?!

7. jduck

jduck

If it was more solo hunter friendly, going to try the farm instead

8. waterfowlhunter83

waterfowlhunter83

There will plenty of spots open on Saturday and I’m sure there won’t be 90 parties in the draw, so there will a spot you can take even as a single hunter. I hunted solo there for a number of years and plenty of people here can attest to the birds I brought in during those years. And that was when there were more people hunting there. Just depends on how much work your willing to put in.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

9. BaldwinHunter

BaldwinHunter

I haven’t been in a year but hunted regularly solo for years with good success. Might not get the best field but there’s always a hidden gem it seems

waterfowlhunter83 likes this.
  10. Highball28

Highball28

Unfortunately won’t have the time. Work and school has eaten up most of my season. Didn’t turn out to be the year I hoped it would be, but I think I still got a river hunt or two in me before Sunday.