close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

**Official 2017 Muskegon Wastewater Thread**

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by LakeEffectMDHA, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Duckman Racing

Duckman Racing

BFG likes this.

2. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

No, they migrate and are too stringy. I like the spotted owls for pies.

3. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

Jduck was kind enough to join us so we could take a Veteran's draw. Ended up getting the zone we wanted, a field that had both ducks and geese Friday night. Lots of ducks at dark.

Well, we never worked a goose. And we shot a lot of ducks, almost all before three pm. Lots of big flocks coming out, but they would not close. Still pretty cool to see 100+ mallards circling, and circling, and circling. But on the singles and small flocks that piled in, we made it happen.

Duckman Racing, Outdoor Gal and jduck like this.
  4. jduck

jduck

Thanks FBD for the invite to join your party. Was pretty incredible watching all those ducks work the field like they did

5. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

Only got one picture yesterday. No hero shot afterwards; too busy picking up and hiking out. Way out. Way, way, way out.

IMAG0905.jpg

jduck and Outdoor Gal like this.
  6. Sampsons_owner

Sampsons_owner

We went for the Saturday PM veterans draw and of course got drawn 3rd out of 3. LOL Took a good spot with great neighbors who also let the birds work. The geese didn't like the way I was setup so I moved the ducks to the south side. But the only chance we had on geese was on the backside of our corn strip and the wife wasn't sure they were close enough for her 20 ga. And we couldn't shoot over her. Ducks worked from 3-4pm and we got 2 chances and bagged one Drake Mallard. Still a great day in the field. FBD thanks for the help in the draw and the lunch. Steve

7. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

So no one got sick from my cooking? Glad to say after a pile of yogurt and several Powerades I'd good enough to crawl into work this morning and catch up. I honestly don't remember much after pointing the Jeep south Saturday night.

So the question is, do I head up tomorrow AM stand by and hope that there's enough zones to get something decent single, as I'm sure some board scouter will snap up our zone even though we blew it up pretty well, or should I be responsible and start with the two week drudgery of raking my massive lawn before it rains, again?

IMAG0906.jpg

8. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

Oh, and for the record, the crew that took 35 Saturday night and said "good luck killing anything, we're skybusters" or something to that effect as they left. Well, not a single bird worked anywhere close enough to 35 to see if they were joking or dead serious. Don't need that kind of crowd at Muskegon. If I want that, I'll hunt Fennville.

9. remington trap

remington trap

Sat. Am veterans hunt. Had to work a little bit for them but managed to get them to commit after a couple circles.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

10. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

That is a well earned pile of tough birds.

11. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

A well laundered source has told me of a group hunting tonight. RAP and local CO notified with plate number. Love to hear that conversation. Right up there with the kids in the Honda jump shooting the ditches, the guys who threatened to beat us f down for being in their zone (we weren't, they were list, and stupid) and the guys who thought the wired and posted pond was part of zone 50.