nylon .22 ?

Discussion in 'Firearm Identification/Value' started by misupercooner, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Tiarafied

Tiarafied Banned

The "other" Nylon gun from Remington was the XP-100. I have that in .221 Fireball. That is a cool gun.

2. Mister ED

Mister ED

Cool story Tiara!! And you have the box and reciept too, unreal. I'm guessing that is one vary rare Nylon 76 ... of the 27,000 made ... there can't be too many left still in their box. Protect them both (rifle and box ... reciept too) and it sounds like you are.

I have my father's non sereal numbered 66, it would be from the same vintage as your 76. I can only wish I had the box ... although I do remember the box when dad unwrapped that Christmas present that year (although I was very young).

Every couple years mine comes out to go squirrel hunting. It also rides in my truck each year, when I am on my trap line.

Cool on the XP as well. I had forgotten about those ... wasn't until I googled and saw a pic that I remembered them. I think they were one of the first pistols to use nylon and one of the first to shoot rifle cals.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012

3. Tiarafied

Tiarafied Banned

Correct. I know they made the xp in a bunch of calibers, the GM in Utica had a couple a few years back, in 30/06 and 7mag! I couldn't imagine the bark on those critters..

And I don't know if they ever sold, but they wanted north of 700 for each. Mine is in the original xp100 zipper case and bullets for the 221 are available.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

4. Fishin' Wizard

Fishin' Wizard Banned

My dad had a Nylon 66 and its still in my family. Great little autoloader. I'm not sure if its been beat but there was a world record shooting achievement with this rifle. I forget the guys name but he shot over 200,000 two inch blocks in a row throwing them in the air by hand. My dad and I used to try this and we'd get to maybe 50 or so in a row and miss. Great little rifle. I never remember it jamming once.

5. Jumbo

Jumbo

Thank sooooo much for the link, it was a great read, & a trip down memory lane.
    Jumbo Out ~~~~~><>....! :chillin: