close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nothing like free speech

Discussion in 'Political Discussions (FreeMichigan.com)' started by DrMeyer, Oct 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbos

Jimbos

8 weeks a year in Petoskey, 44 in Livonia
    Actually homeboy I haven't read this forum in a week and who pops up in the middle of the crap almost immediately in the first thread I check throwing out accusations, well hell, it's you.

2. jps

jps

More name calling, this time of a very despicable nature.

3. Jimbos

Jimbos

8 weeks a year in Petoskey, 44 in Livonia
    ROFLMAO!

You are a real piece of work.

hoffie1 and MIoutdoorsjunkie like this.
  4. jps

jps

And another one.

5. zzcop302

zzcop302

I agree with this.....it would be totally unrealistic on a political forum to think that persons won’t find subjects, opinions, comments, etc, upsetting or causing some kind of negative feelings...but, as JPS states, and I agree, if upsetting someone causes a post to be deleted, there wouldn’t be much of a forum worth reading.
    To have a post removed for simply posting a statistic, whether it is something I’d be for or against, whether it’s something I like or not, seems to defeat the purpose of a forum like this.
    This type of forum is driven by an exchange of information......I hope that someone simply posting statistics wouldn’t have his post deleted..... stats are stats..... just numbers.... but even that can inflame some people, but, again, if that’s the case, that person should probably find some other forum or develop a thicker skin and a better sense of reality if they want to participate in a political forum.

6. zzcop302

zzcop302

Just so I’m clear.... are these the stats that were originally deleted?
    I’m just trying to catch up on where this has gone....
    If this is what was deleted, I wouldn’t be in agreement with it being deleted...... it’s simply stats and numbers but I imagine there are those who simply dislike what the stats state...that’s not a reason to remove them imo... some may say the stats are “inflammatory”..... my response is “so what”?..... stats are what they are...... numbers....not opinions.... some will now question the accuracy, source of stats, etc.... that’s a separate issue, just to spin this issue further because they don’t like that stats were posted to begin with.

7. hunter62

hunter62

Yet you brought me up even though I haven't contributed to this thread?

You're obsession is getting pretty creepy!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    jps likes this.
  8. zzcop302

zzcop302

I sure don’t think there was any denial going on....VS simply had a post of stats deleted....and we don’t know why..... kinda baffling.

vsmorgantown likes this.
  9. hunter62

hunter62

PM Steve or ESOX if you guys actually want an answer. Otherwise continue on with the speculation!

6Speed and jps like this.
  10. jps

jps

Not the stat of course. it was the thread that was deleted. Following the stats there were a bunch of "interpretative conclusions" of those statistics.

Come on, guys, you know the moderation team very well. They would not intervene for posting statistics.

Let's be serious.

11. jps

jps

He is still in denial of WHY the thread was deleted and he is miss-representing the reality to you. it was not just a single post with figures and stats. It was a whole thread with comments and all.

And you are buying into the biased version of a single person who got a thread deleted.

You know the moderators of this site do a very good job of a TOUGH task. they would not delete a thread just because a few figures were thrown out.

12. Duck-Hunter

Duck-Hunter Staff Member Mods

The thread was going nowhere. Yes, it was starting to unravel and I deleted it before it went too far. If it was offensive or anything uncalled for I would have notified you. Now that is all cleared up let's get back to being on topic instead of cluttering this thread up about a thread that was deleted.

Watch out your post might be considered a "racial slur" and be reported.. Not naming any names but if you are going to hangout in the political section you will need some thicker skin. Leaving the political section here and there, partaking in a outdoor conversation does the mind and soul some wonders

13. vsmorgantown

vsmorgantown

Yes, those were the exact stats. I prefaced those facts with my opinion but since the thread was deleted I cannot remember exactly how I worded things but it was somewhere along the lines of the NFL'ers going to their neighborhoods and making posters of these stats and hanging them up and discussing the issues represented in these stats/facts. This was the title of my thread:

I Wouldn't be Worried About White Privilege but I Would be Worried about these Stats

Maybe the title of my thread was bothersome? Again, not sure.

MIoutdoorsjunkie, TDI and zzcop302 like this.
  14. jps

jps

Name calling for no reason and out of the blue (without intervention of the called person) is becoming the norm for some around here.

Not sure that type of gratuitous personal attacks is acceptable or not. It seems to be, because they keep doing it.

I decide to point at those, when they happen, but never to retaliate in the same way they behave, because I don't consider it appropriate.

But if someone else considers start doing it, I would not blame him/her given it is becoming a normal behavior for quite a few (always from the same group) around here.

15. vsmorgantown

vsmorgantown

Thank you Duck-Hunter for the clarification. I hadn't seen many of the responses in that thread, as I was deer hunting, and saw that it was deleted when I got in that evening. If it started to get out of hand, then I understand. Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.