North Caribou Lake - Another Long Overdue Report!

Discussion in 'Out of State Fishing' started by Mike Borger, May 4, 2018.

1. Mike Borger

Mike Borger

Much like my Edmund Lake story this one's been on the back burner for a while now since I've been dealing with health issues.

In a nutshell North Caribou is the best fly in fishing experience within the province of Ontario in my opinion. I've been there 3 times now and am slated to go back again this year. I'm going to keep going back until I can't do it anymore!

My first two trips were in June when things are usually much easier to figure out. If you've ever wondered how to go about targeting and catching giant pike in the fall on northern shield lakes, read on and see how I did it! :)

Cheers,

Mike

https://www.canadafishingguide.net/giant-pike-endless-walleye-a-fall-foray-to-north-caribou-lake/

eyecatcher1, REG and brookies101 like this.
  2. MallardMaster

MallardMaster

Fantastic write-up as always Mike. I appreciate you taking us along on your trip. Hope that you are feeling better and getting back up and going for another season of trips. Where are you planning your 2018 trips too?

3. Mike Borger

Mike Borger

Thanks! Things are slowly getting back on track.
    I leave for my first trip in 2 days actually, a 16 night canoe trip in the interior of Algonquin Park with my son. Getting pretty pumped up right now!

Here's the full rundown of this years trips:

https://www.canadafishingguide.net/...ion-1/2018-canada-fishing-guide-travel/#p4510

Cheers

4. MallardMaster

MallardMaster

It looks like you have a fantastic summer coming up once again. I look forward to your report from this coming weekend paddling Algonquin.

5. Sir Walter

Sir Walter

Another great trip Mike and your short videos again are top notch along with the great still shots. North Caribou looks like my kind of lake. Big pike and it looks like pretty big walleyes too. How do I enter the contest to win a trip with you lol. Can't wait for your next adventure.