Nodak and Covid?

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by RiverLarry2, Oct 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RiverLarry2

RiverLarry2

Guys,
    After seeing the news tonight that the hospitals in North Dakota are overflowing with Covid and the state is seeing its worst spike, I hope those that drive out return safely, with birds, without the virus. With Canada closed, I hope the extra hunters in the Dakotas don't become their own hotspot for sickness. That would be insult to injury.

Larry

goose schatt likes this.
  2. craigrh13

craigrh13

Meh. As usual the media blows this all out of proportion.

d_rek, ajkulish, triplelunger and 5 others like this.

3. Backbay Gunner

Backbay Gunner

Agree.
    Blown out of Proportion.

4. Shiawassee_Kid

Shiawassee_Kid

well considering there is only 240 ICU beds in the whole state...pretty easy to overrun them. :)

also, large portion of elderly in state. i mean the town we hunt literally has no youth..they fighting to keep the youth local as most grow up, go to college and never come back....about 30 kids in the school (from 6th thru 12th grade together).

id go hunt. social distance (not hard to do as a duck hunter) and boot yerself home if you get sick.

Sparky23, d_rek, Jeffish74 and 3 others like this.
  5. michiganoutdoorsman

michiganoutdoorsman

Covid is such a joke. Haven’t been worried about it since it started. False positive tests seem to be the norm. 99.5% of those people will probably be home and healthy in a few days anyway.

6. Divers Down

Divers Down

Don’t worry, Covid will disappear November 4th so hunt then.

duckman3.5, Wallis, 6Speed and 3 others like this.
  7. Cork Dust

Cork Dust

I appreciate a denial of all available science wed with a massive rationalization to buoy individual courage any day! Afterall, isn't acting to satisfy immediate individual self-gratification the consistent constant that acts to spread this contagion? No? Let's go to the bar; let's go to the beach; let's go to Sturgis, SD.! Hey Dude are you gonna miss the party of the year?

Did you ever consider that the low population density in NoDak likely provided social distancing at baseline, yet the incidence rate has grown to current values? So, now, let's congregate in NoDak from a variety of States to compensate for our denial of access to Canada prairie hunts...seems like

Watch hunter access significantly diminish next year in one of the friendliest States in this country...all for self-gratification!

8. Shiawassee_Kid

Shiawassee_Kid

you have the wrong thinking for density in nodak. every farmer goes to town and sits with each other at a cafe every morning. yes everyone is spread out...but they all come together probably more often than the rest of america. lol. heck, almost every farmer has a 2nd house in town with the wife and kids (for school reasons).

after all the hoopla on this virus, its still not meeting expectations for deaths. yes its very contagious, yes its more deadly for the vulnerable...but whens the last time the world dealt with a plague by quarantining the healthy???

Zorba, duckman3.5, Wallis and 6 others like this.
  9. Scadsobees

Scadsobees

It's on the news, but there's still more of it here. Don't spread any more of it to out there.

10. triplelunger

triplelunger

You mean the scientific data that shows a 99.5% survival rate?
    What science do I follow?
    Stay home if you want.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

Sparky23, d_rek, fisheye and 4 others like this.
  11. twoteal

twoteal

It’s easy, if you’re scared stay home. Your health is your business not mine.

12. triplelunger

triplelunger

I sure as hell hope you're right.

Divers Down and Shiawassee_Kid like this.
  13. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

I'd be more worried about stopping for gas and snacks in Wİ than hunting in NoDak.

Sparky23 and lefty421 like this.
  14. Cork Dust

Cork Dust

I have hunted NoDak for fifteen years...not going this year. To answer your closing question: SARS, EBOLA, and H1N1 in vast sections of Asia.

I thought you advice to scoot home, should you become infected, was quite telling, since most folks go with close friends or relatives as hunting companions; good to put everyone together in a vehicle for thirteen to fifteen hours in close contact with an infected Covid-19 patient-good forethought!

You have yet to mention you have a rental property to fill in NoDak...

15. Cork Dust

Cork Dust

I agree, simply look at the infection rates in the last few weeks in Dickinson, Delta, and Menominee counties from contact with Wisconsin transients. You can apply the same logic and scenario to most folks traveling through NoDak, since gas, and food are where the people are concentrated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.