Nobody Knows...

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Disease' started by Bonz 54, Sep 13, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonz 54

Bonz 54

When it comes to CWD I would like you to keep 2 words in mind. Nobody Knows. Even in the States where CWD originated, scientists and biologists DO NOT KNOW HOW IT IS TRANSMITTED.

The voters of this State passed Proposal G in 1996, that REQUIRED the Legislature and the NRC to use "sound scientific proof" when making Laws and setting regulations for managing our fish and wildlife. So, that right there should be enough to invalidate the baiting ban.

Since no one knows how it is transmitted, let me run a little scenario past you. You go hunting and are fortunate enough to kill a deer. What is the first thing you do? Well all the C.O.'s out there are saying you better tag it. True. The second thing is you field dress it and drag it out of the woods. You take the head in and have it checked and low and behold it is CWD positive. Now the day you fielddressed the animal you left that gut pile in the woods. A pile of CWD positive material. Now that gut pile just doesn't lay there and melt away, every scavenger on four legs and the ones with wings are gonna do their job and clean it up. What goes in sooner or later comes out, but it could be spread for MILES. It hits the ground, maybe comes in contact with other deer food or is absorbed into other plants and then eaten by other deer who continue its spread. Nobody knows how it is spread.

The idea that food plots are okay is just ludacris. What is the difference between a half acre food plot and a bait pile? A CWD positive deer is just as likely to spread the disease in either location. Sooner or later another deer is going to come along and feed where the first deer did.

I don't know what the answer is or if it is even possible to eliminate CWD now that it is here. I do know that just shotgunning solutions is not the answer either. Our DNR/NRC has a BAD habit of using a Howitzer when maybe a fly swatter is a better choice. FRANK

Gichi-ayaabe and retired dundo like this.
  2. Steve

Steve Staff Member Admin

I'm not having another class warfare thread open pitting baiters against landowners, sorry.....

Take it up with the DNR/NRC the next time they have a meeting near you.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    RF Pro, sniper, jr28schalm and 3 others like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.