No gobbling this morning

Discussion in 'MichiganTurkey.com' started by Flight of the arrow, May 20, 2020.

1. Flight of the arrow

Flight of the arrow Premium Member

Awesome morning to be out but it sure is quite, just got here yesterday and Mrs Flight will be here Thursday so I thought I would sit and listen this morning.
    DD62032B-B44F-4EAB-A510-0E59D0AB7F8B.jpeg
    don’t want to call to much but did a little and had this guy show up for his share of the turkey nuggets.
    34930683-447C-47DB-BDF3-BAF6BE960C57.jpeg
    I have a dust bowl just down the hill, going to check that out then head to the house, anyone actually hunting this morning good luck!
    Flight

old graybeard and Namrock like this.
  2. can'tstop

can'tstop

I’m out trying to call one in for a friend. Heard one gobble and a hen that’s it so far. Beautiful morning but turkeys don’t want to talk. I thought they would talk more today being first nice morning in awhile.

Flight of the arrow likes this.

3. Odd, I would expect them to gobble well this morning.

Don't give up Flight, I have had great hunts on the last couple days of May.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4. Yankee#1

Yankee#1

I’ve heard easily over a 100 since 6:30. Got to this property a little late because I was at a different place before sunrise - less than a mile away there were no gobbles. Go figure.

Sounds like 2 dominant toms and a gaggle of jakes. Only problem is their on the adjacent property that doesn’t allow hunting.

Their hens are keeping them preoccupied, I’m hoping they hit the nests soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

5. Yankee#1

Yankee#1

The property by the river is gonna be a washout for a few days, but at least it treated me to a nice sunrise...

IMG_2880.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

RMH, roger15055, can'tstop and 3 others like this.