Nitro zv21 or skeeter wx2190

Discussion in 'Boating and Boat Rigging' started by kastlrock, May 16, 2018 at 7:31 AM.

1. kastlrock

kastlrock

Long timer follower, first time poster.
    I could really use some advise / opinion on this one. I’m gonna buy a new boat next week and narrowed it down to the nitro zv21 or the skeeter wx2190. I have three kids plus the wife so the skeeter is very appealing since it has 4+2 jump seats, good warranty and good yamaha 300 plus the kicker. The nitro has just the 4 seats, which leaves me in a bind in where to put the kids. I love the nitro and the layout. I have been all the nitro several times. Yesterday I just finally got to see the skeeter in person, and didn’t feel that good about it. I felt like I was giving up a lot on it compared to the nitro, except for the seats. The nitro is the same price but comes with a lot more, bigger engine, 1 additional graph on the bow, 1 extra onboard charger, stereo, 2 more batteries, butt seat, all 4 main seats for $74k and is a 2018. Skeeter didn’t come with the 4th seat or butt seat, 1 graph, no stereo, 1 onboard charger, 2 less batteries smaller engine for $72k and it’s a 2017. I have looked at all the other boats and came down to these 2, the warrior was really nice but no real close dealer and 15k higher. I’m in Howell Michigan. Boat to be used in Lake Erie, Saginaw bay and Michigan once and a while. Fishing for walleye, perch, salmon and maybe some bass when I’m board and at the in laws. Any help would be very well appreciated. Thanks-mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. coyote-hunter

coyote-hunter

The 2190 all the way. There is a reason you are getting more for the same price point with the Nitro. It’s a substantially cheaper hull and you’re getting a tracker warranty with it. I’ve personally owned a MX 2100 and was happy with that boat. I’m on my second Warrior right now and happy with this brand as well. Good luck with your decision...

3. Cat Power

Cat Power

Skeeter all the way.

I have a WX1900. I also live in Howell

4. ESOX

ESOX Staff Member Super Mod Mods

You couldn't give me a Nitro. Crap build with crap components. Unfortunately now that Johnny Morris got his grubby mitts on Ranger, he is turning them into another Nitro. Skeeter all the way.

5. BUGBOAT

BUGBOAT

The Skeeter comes with a Yami, nuff said. Get the Skeeter.

6. Yarcraft

Yarcraft

Skeeter. My fishing partner has a wx2100 and a zx2025 and has had no issues with either. Yamaha power is the only way to go.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

7. piketroller

piketroller

The Nitro looks like it comes with way more stuff for the same price because every single component on the boat is the cheapest thing they could find - cleats, wiring, bilge pump, navigation lights, etc. This is the Tracker Way and lets them put more crap on the boat for the same price as a quality built boat like a Skeeter. If you are going to trade the boat in in a couple years it won’t matter, but the Tracker, I mean Nitro wink wink will start to show its age much more quickly than the Skeeter.