Newbie Fisher Gal

Discussion in 'Michigan Women in the Out-Of-Doors' started by FisherGal60, Mar 25, 2019.

1. retired dundo

retired dundo

Rest write up and great catch of crappy your right they are real good tasting.Best of luck in future

2. Shoeman

Shoeman Mod

Not sure if you are aware, but much of the Huron Chain of lakes are under a Do Not Eat designation for all species.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: August 31, 2018

LANSING, Mich. – Today, the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) issued an expanded ‘Do Not Eat’ fish advisory for all fish in the Huron River in Livingston, Oakland, Washtenaw, Wayne, and Monroe Counties. The original advisory was issued on August 4, 2018.

The ‘Do Not Eat’ advisory for the Huron River starts where N. Wixom Road crosses in Oakland County and extends downstream to the mouth of the Huron River as it enters Lake Erie in Wayne County. This includes:

• Norton Creek (Oakland County)
    • Hubbell Pond, also known as Mill Pond (Oakland County)
    • Kent Lake (Oakland County)
    • Ore Lake (Livingston County)
    • Strawberry & Zukey Lake (Livingston County)
    • Gallagher Lake (Livingston County)
    • Loon Lake (Livingston County)
    • Whitewood Lakes (Livingston County)
    • Base Line & Portage Lakes (Livingston/Washtenaw County line)
    • Barton Pond (Washtenaw County)
    • Geddes Pond (Washtenaw County)
    • Argo Pond (Washtenaw County)
    • Ford Lake (Washtenaw County)
    • Bellville Lake (Wayne County)
    This extension is a result of new perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS) fish data from the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality. Base Line Lake and Argo Pond fish fillet data, downsteam from Kent Lake, were found to have high PFOS levels. Additionally, high PFOS surface water levels were found upstream of Kent Lake.

Touching the fish or water and swimming in these water bodies is not considered a health concern as PFAS do not move easily through the skin. An occasional swallow of river or lake water is also not considered a health concern.

For current guidelines relating to PFAS fish contamination, visit Michigan.gov/pfasresponse. For more information about the Eat Safe Fish guidelines, visit Michigan.gov/eatsafefish.

6Speed likes this.

3. 6Speed

6Speed Premium Member

Another great story and catch Gal!! Try some chemical hand warmers for your hands and stick one or two inside of your coat. If you keep your core temp up, it will help with the fingers.

GREAT catch Shoeman. I shoulda noticed that when I first read her post. I musta been in a trance wishing I caught those specs.

4. Shoeman

Shoeman Mod

Thanks man!

That designation killed one of my favorite spring flyrod bites. It would kill me to throw back all those 8-10" bluegills.

6Speed likes this.