Newago Deer Farm. 3 C.W.D. positives.

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Disease' started by Waif, Jan 14, 2020.

1. FullQuiver

FullQuiver

My source is a friend and asked me not to name names.. I'm honoring his request.. I've drawn a clear enough picture to fill in the blanks with minimal research..

2. jonnyb

jonnyb

I appreciate you letting us know. I also live in the county.

3. ArkansasDave

ArkansasDave

What is the level of absurdity we tolerate to allow deer farms (CWD factories) to exist? Seriously? It blows my mind. Insanity.

randy1 likes this.
  4. Scout 2

Scout 2 Premium Member

As was said money. I don't know about the ones elsewhere but the one that was up by me had millions of dollars worth od building and property tax dollars. I am sure the TWPs would bitch like mad if they were to lose that money. Let it go for taxes and who would buy it. The one here could easily be turned into a fishing camp on the Manistee river, but it would never pay for its self. I think it covers 1200 acres of ground with the river running thru the middle

5. ArkansasDave

ArkansasDave

Money, the route of all evil. Sad.

Scout 2 likes this.
  6. Piranha man

Piranha man

They're tolerated because they're considered agriculture/farm and our dnr is more concerned about their existence than the hunters

7. ArkansasDave

ArkansasDave

Since the DNR is concerned with hunters and baiting and CWD then why the blind eye to the route cause? Oh yeah, money. How twisted can it get? Counter intuitive. It literally makes zero sense, even the money aspect. Suspiciously shooting oneself in the foot.

8. Hillsdales Most Wanted

Hillsdales Most Wanted

I believe the protocol will be for the dnr to kill a bunch of deer outside of the fence to see if cwd has escaped. If u hunt at your place u may not want to shoot a doe for several years.

9. swampbuck

swampbuck

That's up to the Ag dept. Go for it, we have plenty on our plate already.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

10. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

Review the CWD response plan on what will take place outside the enclosure. There is no need to speculate, I posted a link in post 11. It was discovered outside the 6 month window until deer season.

11. Thirty pointer

Thirty pointer Premium Member

Revenue for the state .I took a tour of the local deer farm near me and snapped this shot of a 2 year old buck .I then asked the owner what it was worth he then stated he had sold a much larger 3 year old for 30 K the year before .This is despite the fact that he uses does to determine the size of racks he said . IMG_0029.JPG

Scout 2 likes this.
  12. Tracker83

Tracker83 Premium Member

I heard from a good source that it is the Sanctuary Ranch's enclosure in eastern Newaygo Co. So, if the Sanctuary Ranch has deer in this enclosure, do you think they are exchanging deer back and forth between this one and their main ranch in Stanwood? It would be devastating if they had to depopulate both locations.

FullQuiver likes this.
  13. graybeard

graybeard

How did they know these deer had CWd ,random testing, sick looking deer or did they die.

14. Chessieman

Chessieman

As I stated before, what about the land that is now a toxic dump? Are they going to bond the land to prevent any deer from entering it for 20 years? Being it is from wildlife it could not be considered brownfield.

15. jr28schalm

jr28schalm

Hope they open the gate and let them Gene's out into the wild. Bring baiting back and it's like ranch never closed..lol