New version of Android app released today

Discussion in 'Website Updates' started by Steve, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Steve

Steve Staff Member Admin

Biggest change is the ability to directly upload images again instead of just attachments. 50% of the user population will be getting the upgrade. Once we see how it goes the rest will get it.

2. stevebrandle

stevebrandle

Is the app above and beyond the new forum software? The new forum software is a big improvement to use with mobiles now. Great upgrade!

3. Josh R

Josh R Premium Member

I thought you 2 were the same person lol

4. cleew

cleew Banned

Just my 2c ... the new software is certainly more colorful! Ummm, that's the only positive that comes to mind. The ads now seem more intrusive, posting pics (type in the URL??? What happened to the search function?) is more problematic, a minor - each post takes up much more physical room ... anyway, as a former liaison between a manufacturing division and the IT department, we would never adopt an "upgrade" unless and until testing proved it to be MUCH more user-friendly (faster, easier, more intuitive, etc.). Too often the "geeks" tended to wax poetic, striving to outdo each other in complexity, with little or no thought given to the end user. Again, just my 2c ...

5. Steve

Steve Staff Member Admin

Oh it was tested and tested again to make sure it would be much more user friendly. Images are much, much easier to upload and the new format is much more mobile friendly according to both users and Google. The feedback I am getting is overwhelmingly positive, but we do continuously improve and are never done.

6. cleew

cleew Banned

I must have missed the "search" for the images I wished to upload ... it asked for the URL. I had to go to my pictures file and open each of them to find out the URL I needed ... hardly "much, much easier to upload." As far as a mobile app, I have a good camera and a decent laptop so ... my phone is just that: A PHONE! No instructions, no, at least obvious, method for PM'ing, sorry, don't yet buy into the "much more user friendly" gambit.

7. Drake

Drake