close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New to Michigan. Crawfish Question

Discussion in 'Crayfish Trapping' started by LostTexan2008, Apr 10, 2018.

1. LostTexan2008

LostTexan2008

Howdy! I just moved to Michigan from SE Texas and found out I cannot order Louisiana (red swamp) crawfish to boil since they’re considered exotic and extremely invasive here. I still want to have a crawfish boil for my future in-laws so they can experience a boil. Other than trapping on my own, how can I get or purchase Michigan crawfish? Many thanks for the help!

2. junkman

junkman

You would have to order them frozen yuck!!!

3. RippinLipp

RippinLipp

Frozen is the only way unless you trap your own.. And good trapping will be a month or 2 depending on weather!! The warmer the better!! No out of state live shipping allowed in michigan!!!!!!

4. junkman

junkman

Hey you could come to our boil and learn the ins and outs of how we catch them up here.:)

5. Waif

Waif Premium Member

Well, trappin them yourself would top most options.
    We are not alowed to market them ,but you could barter probably ,if you can find folks willing to part with their catch.
    Choose prime season if relying on others......And multiple folks trappin if you have a pre set boil date.

You could make or buy some traps , then hook up with the in- laws and crash the annual crawdad bash with folks from this site.
    They might get a couple bites of mudbug ,if they don' t get bit first.......l.o.l...

Richard Cranium and junkman like this.
  6. LostTexan2008

LostTexan2008

Just now getting back. Thanks for the replies y’all! Don’t have enough time in my work schedule unfortunately to trap but sounds like y’all have a blast doing it. I’ll probably have to order them frozen this time but would be interested in trapping for future use. Have a great one!

7. Richard Cranium

Richard Cranium

Just keep the weekend of the 23rd of June off and join us for our annual boil at Reedsburg Dam, just west of Houghton Lake. One hell of a good time and a lot of great people!

DanSS26, RippinLipp and junkman like this.
  8. rocketrob

rocketrob

Yeah a lot of great people there but there’s one dude who’s a real DickHead

9. RippinLipp

RippinLipp

A real DickHead!!! But one of the best DickHeads you'll ever meet!!