New to coyote hunting

Discussion in 'Michigan Predator Hunting' started by James Flores, Mar 25, 2018.

1. James Flores

James Flores

I am just getting into predator hunting and I feel like I don’t know what I’m doing for the most part. I’ve got the calls, light and gun but haven’t had any luck calling in any coyotes. Any tips and tricks would be really appreciated. Or if anyone wants to take me under their wing and teach me a few things I’d be more than happy to get together. I live in GR but normally hunt north around newaygo.

2. San V. Sasse

San V. Sasse

Are you sure you have coyotes on the properties you have? Remember a coyote will always downwind the sound it is hearing.

3. James Flores

James Flores

We have caught some on trail cameras and have found dens all over the place. Property owners say they hear them at night all the time.

4. chris_kreiner

chris_kreiner

Play with your sounds. Learn some coyote vocalizations and use those. I called in 7 coyotes last week and not a single one was on a deer or rabbit distress sound. Here is a video of a double I shot.

5. James Flores

James Flores

That is awesome! How much did that scope cost you? Is there such thing as too much calling? How long should I wait between calls?

6. chris_kreiner

chris_kreiner

I’ve been having success with aggressive sounds. These sounds are from Predator University. TT Pissed coyote for about 1.5 minutes, then wait about 3 minutes and play TT Aggressive Male for about 1-2 minutes. Another 3-5 min break and play TT pup distress for about 5 min and switch right over to TT Den Raid for 5 min. Give the stand about 25 minutes and move on to the next.

I love the scope. Its a Pulsar N355 and runs $1429. I have the NightSnipe NS550 IR bulb and it really extended the range I could see.

Attached Files:

7. jiggerjarvi

jiggerjarvi

Nice clear vid, does it have sound, or am I just not getting it?

Sent from my finger
    Guess which one

8. chris_kreiner

chris_kreiner

Unfortunately it does not have sound. They might have it available eventually.