New spoon

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by mbirdsley, May 4, 2018.

1. mbirdsley

mbirdsley

So I guess eppinger mfg who, makes daredevils is currently making limited addition spoons. I’m kind of excited about this one. They call it pumpkin seed. I bought the 1 oz and should be here Monday from eppinger. Supposedly in a couple of weeks they will announce another custom spoon and stop selling the current offering

The photo I copied from there face book page. I couldn’t find any other pics of it

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    ESOX, Zkovach1175 and Sprytle like this.
  2. mbirdsley

mbirdsley

I edited the original to get rid of the advertisement so it didn’t look like I was trying to sell for them ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1525466824.601402.jpg

Zkovach1175, mjh4, jonnyb and 2 others like this.

3. piketroller

piketroller

With all the guys custom painting crankbaits and blades, I’m sure spoons aren’t very far behind if enough people still use them.

4. mbirdsley

mbirdsley

I’m wondering if this isn’t trying to tap into that market. I was talking to who ever was running the epingger face book page. They stated they only made small runs of these spoons. That this current one has sold very well and that they have sold several hundred within the couple weeks of offering it and it’s almost sold out. They also said that over the course of the summer if the small run spoons sell well. Some of them maybe in the permanent line up. These are not available in stores but, directly from eppinger.

They also updated the website to be more user friendly and also modern. They are basically rebranding the company as Daredevil with eppinger in really small letters. The new company logo is the daredevil symbol

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  5. Zkovach1175

Zkovach1175

Just curious here. I use a lot of spoons for pike and they work well. I like mostly the Williams wabler. What do you like to use?

6. mbirdsley

mbirdsley

ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1525741884.015014.jpg

It came today. Also came with sticker, pen, and catalog. Hoping to use it on the bad river Friday morning. Looks almost to nice to use. I’m kind of debating on collecting these special run spoons. But, I don’t know how many they are coming out with. I don’t want it to be a never ending thing.

7. piketroller

piketroller

I don’t throw nearly as many spoons as I probably should. In the fall I like throwing the largest size of Cabelas Canadian spoons (the big boys), and I troll all sorts of dirt cheap spoons behind mini diving discs. Knockoff dollar store casting spoons, cheap craigslists flutter spoons from ex salmon guys, etc. As long as there is some flash they all work well.

Zkovach1175 likes this.
  8. mbirdsley

mbirdsley

How fast do you usually troll for pike? Leader or no leader?

9. piketroller

piketroller

Usually start a 2 mph and adjust from there, but often never need to change. I use leaders (mostly tieable wire) for everything except pulling cheap spoons behind mini discs. For those I just 20 lb fireline for leaders as it gives the flutter spoons more action.

mbirdsley and Zkovach1175 like this.
  10. mjh4

mjh4

Man that spoons almost to good looking to throw!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

mbirdsley likes this.
  11. mbirdsley

mbirdsley

I know I’m debating whether I’ll use it on the Bad river tommrow or not.

12. Zkovach1175

Zkovach1175

Please use it and reply with results. I’d bought two and thrown one

13. piketroller

piketroller

Either put it in a frame and hang it on the wall now, or use it for what it’s made for tomorrow.

14. mbirdsley

mbirdsley

Yeah I know. If it got bit off I wouldn’t be so mad as loosing it in a snag. I have tendency of doing that. I will end up using it tommrow part of the reason I’m going where I’m going. I know there are a lot of pike in there.

15. mbirdsley

mbirdsley

I didn’t go today. Woke up to 39 degrees at 4:45 as I got the daughter ready for daycare. I’ll be going again soon.