new portfolio positions

Discussion in 'Money and Business' started by Groundsize, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Groundsize

Groundsize

2. thegospelisgood

thegospelisgood

GME, been long for two years, living in the dumps at 4 a share. Ryan Cohen announces a 9.9% stake. Michael Burry's hedge has big stake. Short interest and float show record squeeze set any minute.

Hitting 52 week highs in pre-market, will likely touch 11 today and Xbox pre-sale sold out in Australia last night.

Gonna be big next few months. Jump in and get some scrilla.

kroppe likes this.

3. zig

zig

In a world full of irrational investors, it appears some do actually care about having sales, or even a product/service to sell, eventually..... NKLA down over 60% in less than a month, WKHS down 30% in just a few days.

But, have no fear, some piece of unsubstantiated news will come out and they'll both hit all time highs.

4. kroppe

kroppe

Thanks @zig . What portfolio changes have you made in the past two weeks?

What is your view of the California statement on mandatory electric vehicles / ban on non-electric vehicles?

5. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

My view, come 2034 when it is apparent that the solution isn't possible it will be revised or repealed. I wouldnt hang my hat on Tesla, Nikola or Rivian being the answer to this news

sureshot006, Groundsize and kroppe like this.
  6. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

I think you might be surprised in 2034 at the percentage of electric and hydrogen vehicles we see on the road. The gm ford honda and toyota are investing heavily right now. GM and honda are expanding joint ventures with each other as well as other OEM's.

I agree that it will adjusted somewhat. Probably a percentage because not every type vehicle will be electric by then.

kroppe likes this.
  7. zig

zig

Well I sold my WKHS about a week ago at $28. I was in at $18 and didn't want to get greedy. But that's just my "for fun" account, not a meaningful amount. I don't "invest" in single stocks. Other than that I haven't really made any changes in the last couple weeks. I mentioned not long ago that I got out of a significant portion of equities, at least 60% or so right at the end of August. I'm usually completely against market timing, especially at my age. But, this is a year of firsts. I think Covid is going to start to really be an issue again. Just a few days ago there was what I'd call a "mini outbreak" inside my bubble. Just as you'd think, local college kids, group of them had it, didn't know, visited with Mom and Dad, Mom and Dad went to work, etc. September 25th, seems the timing is about right for it all to start catching fire again. If that is in my little world, it's going to be a lot of other places....

As for California, I haven't really given it much thought. It seems like a pretty big deal. I need to read more about it and give it some thought for a while....

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    kroppe likes this.
  8. Groundsize

Groundsize

NKLA makes no vehicles. All spec play at this point. Huge manipulation mean huge swings including shorts. Something is up if the founder is now out.

9. Groundsize

Groundsize

Holding a small position in SPCE. Double upgrade this morning. I will sell once it reaches new highs.

Also looking to sell off Micron. Worst stock. Cant get out of it. Should of purchased AMD like I wanted to but choose this trash instead.

kroppe likes this.
  10. kroppe

kroppe

@Groundsize I have one of those and hope to get out without a loss, just wasted opportunity.

Groundsize likes this.
  11. Groundsize

Groundsize

Totally agree. Been holding Micron for almost two years now waiting to sell and still can’t break even. Dam company is cheap by PE but o don’t play that and they have way to much connection to China. I will sell at a loss this winter if can’t get out. Wasted time.

kroppe likes this.
  12. kroppe

kroppe

Closed that problem child position today without a loss, thankfully. The next moves are planned, looking for a good entry point.

Groundsize likes this.
  13. Groundsize

Groundsize

Sold Micron at a small loss today. Decided to jump in deep. Tripled position in Draftkings this morning

kroppe and sureshot006 like this.
  14. Groundsize

Groundsize

Twilio on fire after hours on increased revenue guidance over what was already expected stock at ATH.

Roku is at ATH in after hours also.

sont get left behind with to
    Much cash on hand.

kroppe likes this.
  15. kroppe

kroppe

I’m mostly invested, still have a bit to put back in after the September pullback. Seeking the efficient frontier.

Groundsize likes this.