New Pistol Lube

Discussion in 'Concealed Carry Weapons' started by GIDEON, Oct 12, 2019.

1. GIDEON

GIDEON

While reading the book it came with ran across this statement. CLP,LSA,and LAW, are the only lubricants authorized for this pistol. CLP and LSA can be used interchangeably. What is CLP, LSA, AND LAW. Where Can I find some

2. Perferator

Perferator

You might try a gunshop or sporting goods store, anywhere they sell gun cleaning supplies.

3. hommer23

hommer23

CLP: cleaner, lubricant, preservative or protect.
    LSA: Lubricant small arms.
    LAW: lubricant arctic weather.

Each one can have several meanings depending on where you live.

4. GIDEON

GIDEON

Thanks, LAW is the one that really had me stumped, the first two I guessed

5. 9mm Hi-Power

9mm Hi-Power Premium Member

CLP, LAW, LSA - BAH.

A goodly number of years ago ( 20 +) when I lived on the east side of the state I bought a "tub" of wheel bearing grease from Murray's Auto Supply on Plymouth Ave. The tub, all these years later, is about half-empty and that's what I still use on my Browning Hi-Powers and it works like a charm.

I recently found myself in Papua New Guinea doing some field research on the last flight of Amelia Earhart. My Hi-Power was starting to run dry so I lubed it with some pig grease I bought from a local and it later ran smooth as silk against an attack by some indigenous Muslim terrorists. Fancy lubes - BAH - a defensive pistol in a pinch should be depended to run on most any kind of lube from wheel bearing grease to 10W-30 to 3-In-One.

Of course my Glock and Sig shooting buddies :rolleyes: seem to think my HP's have been shot so loose ( one has 25,000 plus rounds thru it) that I could jam a .410 slug into the barrel of any one of them and it would probably fire :) . Regardless a Hi-Power will "Keep on Truckin" regardless of what you put on them or in them.

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 6.53.57 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 6.54.37 PM.png

That's one reason why I'm and always will be -

9mm Hi-Power

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    ESOX, Gil Martin, Icefishndad and 3 others like this.
  6. ESOX

ESOX Staff Member Super Mod Mods

I like CLP as a storage coating. not as a carry lube. it gets sticky very quickly and holds dirt like crazy.

For all my firearms and reels I use this as grease
    https://www.amazon.com/Mil-Comm-TW2...ords=tw25b+grease&psc=1&qid=1571009237&sr=8-2
    Oil I'm not terribly picky as long as it has a low enough viscosity for winter use. I use grease and oil both very sparingly, only on the shiny metal where you can see it's doing the work.
    https://www.amazon.com/LUCAS-Extrem...c=1&qid=1571009320&sprefix=amsoil+gun+&sr=8-6

7. Perferator

Perferator

I use a white lithium grease formulated for bicycle bearings, special for low friction, low wear and durable (it’s what I had in my bike shop and pleased to have tried it).

8. mjh4

mjh4

LSA is a U.S. Military lubricant for use in firearms. I've used it for years works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

GIDEON likes this.
  9. Blueboy05

Blueboy05

10. Gil Martin

Gil Martin

It depends what you prefer. For many years I have used various popular brands of gun oil with no issues. When gun grease was needed my preferred brand was Rust Inhibiting great (RIG) sold in gun shops and online. All the best...
    Gil

drwink likes this.
  11. drwink

drwink

I loved that RIG stuff, had the sheepskin like pad they sold for it. Used to get it at the Bill Goodman gun shows back in the 80's