New litter of White English Lab pups

Discussion in 'Waterfowl hunting dogs' started by smelz like wet dog, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smelz like wet dog

smelz like wet dog

Just posted this litter in classifieds, ready end of march. KIMG7210.jpg KIMG7204.jpg FB_IMG_1491847072393.jpg

2. walleye bandit

walleye bandit

3. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

4. lefty421

lefty421

Probably want to think twice about these pups if you hunt from a canoe or kayak, haha.

zimmzala likes this.
  5. smelz like wet dog

smelz like wet dog

You got that right brother. Their Grandma is 100lbs at ten years old. In her prime she could really rock a 14 foot jon boat. Plus side is they dont get cold.

Aaronjeep2 likes this.
  6. Lamarsh

Lamarsh

Well, at least you are disclosing to hunters that your dogs are atrociously large, that way somebody silly enough to want a dog that big for hunting knows what they're getting into.

Take'm likes this.
  7. ajkulish

ajkulish

LOL Josh some people like big dogs! A big white lab sounds like the perfect candidate for hunting geese in fields, blend right in and no boat to rock ;)

8. Lamarsh

Lamarsh

There’s only one possible benefit, and that’s for people who just like big dogs. And that’s it as far as I’m concerned. So, so long as that’s the case and the dogs are healthy, no big deal. But I don’t think enough good arguments (or any) can be made that such massive labs serve any purpose at all in the field, especially ones so far beyond the breed standard in any event. They’re tough to man handle when you need to, have more orthopedic problems, require more food, and take up more space. It’s no surprise the trend in the field trial and hunt test breedings lean towards smaller dogs. Many are now breeding for a 45lb lab female and 55-60lb male. The goose argument IMO is nonsense, I’ve seen plenty 45lb females haul geese no prob, and I’m sure others on here own those dogs. If I could hit a button and turn my 75lb male to 55lbs I wouldn’t think twice, but at least 75lbs is manageable. Boat space is limited, and in the rare situation I have to carry my wounded dog from the upland I want it to be as easy as possible.

goose schatt and choc24/7 like this.
  9. SWMbruiser

SWMbruiser

Different strokes for different folks. I have hunted over a 100+ lb black lab. Bird fetching machine. To lambast a litter cuz it doesn't fit your standard seems a little harsh. You could have read it without commenting. Some people don't care about size as long as the thing hunts. If somebody labeled my litter atrocious, wouldn't be none too happy myself. Or potential buyers as "silly"

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

greg12, zig, Firefighter and 10 others like this.
  10. ajkulish

ajkulish

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Like the dude above said, to each their own. I was just poking fun at your predisposition on big dogs. However, if I could hit a button and take Vader from 60lb to 75 i wouldn't think twice either.

Lamarsh and Jimbos like this.
  11. smelz like wet dog

smelz like wet dog

Dont buy a big dog then. I have three generation of my line on site and they are fine. Ten year old female still retrieving during early season. No problems. If a dog is properly trained they shouldnt be an issue anymore than my 250 lb buddy rocking the boat. Opinion opinion opinion. Dont knock my dogs, you dont know them. You have never hunted with them and with an attitude like yours you never will. I have smaller framed dogs too, my one female only goes 65lbs. Just as effective as my big dogs. Everybody likes different guns, dogs, boats, shells, ect..... All opinion oppinion opinion. I did not ask yours.

12. lefty421

lefty421

"They are fine" why? Because you say so?
    Any titles on the parents?
    Any health guarantees?
    Have you had their eyes, elbows, hips, etc... checked?
    Have they been cleared of EIC and CNM?

Lamarsh, goose schatt and choc24/7 like this.
  13. Dish7

Dish7

Good grief, if you're not interested then leave it at that.

greg12, zig, Firefighter and 4 others like this.
  14. T-Berd

T-Berd

Some people like bigger dogs. If they didn’t Chessie’s wouldn’t be so popular. My dogs a little over 40, she has trouble with geese in the field. Water not so much. I have a year old Newfie too who loves to fetch, I’m going to see if I can make him my cold weather dog.

hawgeye and Jimbos like this.
  15. swampbuck

swampbuck

I have a Newfie/lab that's 90 pounds at 9 mo. But he's just a lap puppy...lol

Those white lab's are gorgeous, you won't have any problem finding homes for them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.