New jigs/patterns for 2011

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by ficious, Oct 9, 2011.

1. ficious

ficious catch & digest Premium Member

I've been playing around with a scud pattern, but I'm not happy enough with the two early prototypes. I've got another one on the table, but its not ready yet. Glow white and glow green so far, not sure what color to make the legs yet. Two proto's are pictured in the LSC/SCR Gill Hunter social group in the new jigs thread.

Maybe I'll get to them tomorrow and post a pic here if I like how the turn out.

Harry

2. ficious

Finally got the computer and camera to interface again. These are prototypes, not on my site.

Glow white back, gold legs on glow green belly, black eye spot, hammered gold back side.

Can't wait to get this on wet. The gold turns dark when it glowing and provides a little contrast.

[​IMG]

Harry

3. Bill4bass

Bill4bass

I assume these are ice fishing jigs only?! Is there any other applications that you have tried them out in?

<&bull;){{><

4. ficious

I fish with them all summer along for panfish and do quite well when the bait suits the hook size. There is no sense in sending a $2 jig in where a 5 cent hook would do the job but I believe it helps. Any situation where your bait being more visible will increase your catch with a low snag risk.

I catch ALOT of smallies on the mud bugz for obvious reasons.

Harry

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  5. kenny ball

kenny ball

Hi ficous can u post ur website so I can check out ur jigs for some reason ur pictures r coming up blank on my phone

Thanks ken

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. ficious

Ken,

You can click on the link in my signature or you could head over to Nautical BP at 9 and Jeff and see them in person. I wonder why the pics don't show up?

Harry

7. kenny ball

kenny ball

Thanks Harry I will go to BP and check them out

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

8. ficious

Glow Tiger Smerch Fry got a small restock and Glow Green Bug Eye is on the table.

Harry

9. Mark S

Mark S

Just got mine in the mail. Thanks again Harry and please keep doing what you doing ! These things are without a doubt the best croppie jig to ever hit Lake St Helen.

10. ficious

These just came off the paint table. I made a bunch because because I liked them more as I painted them. If there is interest, I'll put some up on my site. It's the first time I've painted a lime green Fry..... I wonder why?

[​IMG]

Glow lime green body, green/black glitter on top, glow orange belly, black stripes, glow yellow/black eyespot, green glitter over all, hammered nickel backside.

Harry

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  11. Burksee

Burksee Premium Member

Hi Harry, Green has always a very hot color for pannies on a couple of small lakes we fish around here. Glad to see you've added it to the already overwhelming selection. :D

*PS - Still waiting for safe ice around here to try the ones you sent with my last order. ;)

Unfortuneatly due to work schedule and other obligations/responsibilties around home I wont be able to head north until late this month. :sad:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  12. ficious

Here's a pic of the Glow Bloodshot Scud prototype.

[​IMG]

Harry

13. ficious

Here's some mags that may be on their way to LOW in a couple weeks
    [​IMG]

Here they are glowing under black light. The red doesn't respond to black light so it shows very dark. It responds better to regular light
    [​IMG]

Harry

14. ficious

Going to get these wet tomorrow. This pic is in flourescent light.

[​IMG]

This pic is enhanced with black light, sorry for the blur. It's hard to tell how steady you are with the lights off.

[​IMG]

They are all Lil' Minnies,

Harry