New jigs/patterns for 2011

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by ficious, Oct 9, 2011.

1. ficious

ficious catch & digest Premium Member

Just wonderin....... What do you guys/girls think of a Retro Page? A page dedicated to jigs that don't glow.

Back in the day(before super glows) that's all I painted in. Colors are much brighter and just as tough. The Wonderbread Fry are examples. I have a few Stunner Fry as well. Wonderbread Lil' Minnies are coming later this week too. I used to hammer gills on a black and purple that I haven't painted in years too.

Harry

2. Fish&GameWhisperer

Fish&GameWhisperer

Hi Harry,

I would definitely be interested in the no-glow retros. There are times I prefer them over glows. I received a new delivery from you today (below pic), and am putting together some holiday cheer packages with them for fellow fishing friends. If you paint up some no-glows, I will be ordering some as soon as they become available.

Thanks,

Paul

3. Steellord

Steellord

I would definitely be interested in some retro jigs.

4. ficious

Lil' Minnies Wonderbreads are up now on the SF page. I'll populate the Retro page with non-glow jigs when I have some more done. Both the Wonderbreads will be moved from the SF page as well as the Chart, Bug Eye from the Fry page. A dark green body is on the table now(LM). It will likely get some gold and maybe some black....not sure yet.

5. ficious

Here's a pattern for the Retro page that I'm working on. It started as a dark green with gold/green ghost finish over it and it turned silver/grey. I think it's still missing an eye or something, whatcha think? Missus Ficious named this one.

[​IMG]

6. Fish&GameWhisperer

Fish&GameWhisperer

They look like fish would like to eat them :) I'm hooked (pun intended). What did the Missus name them?

7. ficious

She named the Reel Steel because she said they look gun metal in color.

8. Mr Burgundy

Mr Burgundy

Put them up, i would for sure buy them...

9. ficious

I'll probably post 3 new patterns late tonight after werk. Black Grape Fry w/yellow black eye spot, Stunner Fry, LM Reel Steel w/yellow black eye. None of these glow.

Here they are:
    [​IMG]

Harry

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  10. Fish&GameWhisperer

Fish&GameWhisperer

The eye on Reel Steel is a nice finishing touch. I'll keep an eye out for it ;) and try not to shoot an eye out with my Red Ryder BB gun. I'd rather see some of those arrive in the mail, over a leg lamp, anyday :lol:

11. ficious

F&GW.....It's up on the Retro page

Just put up the last of the Zitz restock for the season, Glow Yellow Tiger, Glow White Turbo, Glow Purple Convict, Glow Smerch. These are standard patterns, just a little late getting the out. Just cleaning and ringing the rest.

Harry

12. Fish&GameWhisperer

Fish&GameWhisperer

Thanks fic... I just ordered up a few. Some nice new patterns you have there. I like the variety of times/conditions they offer for when I'd choose to 1st fish the different types ;)

Another Fish (but please don't call me abe vigoda :lol:)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
  13. bauerj8

bauerj8

When I find fish. I catch fish. I don't care what color jig I have. A small eagle claw works just as well.

14. Fish&GameWhisperer

Fish&GameWhisperer

bauer... You must not sight fish perch in LSC much. If you did, I'm pretty sure you'd care. There are some days it seems they'll hit just about anything, but there are others where the things you don't care about could hurt your odds at success. Plus, when the action is hot and heavy to the point where you don't need bait; good luck with that small eagle claw getting hit if it's bare :sad:

15. aslongasitpullsback

aslongasitpullsback collector Premium Member

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tuff guy:lol::lol::lol: