New hunter

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by Joel/AK, Aug 1, 2020 at 2:17 PM.

1. Joel/AK

Joel/AK

today I started teaching my daughter on how to shoot a crossbow. Size wise, it's a tad big for her but she figured it out. Only shooting at about 15 yards but for her 2nd and 3rd shot. She shot same POI. May have to pick up a youth size crossbow...lol

26529.jpeg 26527.jpeg

2. Martian

Martian

nice shooting young lady, i hope you have fun

3. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

Just get a tripod type rest, she's ready after practicing rest of summer. Good shooting young lady. Good luck !

4. Joel/AK

Joel/AK

She never showed any interest in a crossbow or gun since she says she can't kill a deer. She will help gutting and butchering but to do the actual kill shot, she said she can't do it.

Took a break from working and wife and I started flinging arrows. She wanted to try it. After about an hour on basic safety she was shooting. Now she wants to practice with crossbow and wants to start learning gun with our pellet rifle and take hunter safety.

alaska86 and snortwheeze like this.
  5. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

Same as my daughter, can't wait for the day! Could care less to kill another "if-when" she's ready :)

6. Joel/AK

Joel/AK

One thing she didn't like was that I told her I was gonna tap her hand if she wasn't keeping her finger off the trigger until ready to shoot. Only took 3 taps for her to learn...lol

Now she wants to sit with my wife during hunting season.

Never forced hunting on her and was hoping she would come around on her own. Seems to be working