New Holland Pilgrims Dole

Discussion in 'Michigan Micro Brewery forum' started by Pinefarm2015, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Pinefarm2015

Pinefarm2015

Is there a smoother high gravity ale out there? At 12%, it doesn’t come across that way at all. Fantastic barleywine/wheatwine.

It’s got a wheat malt, caramel flavor. As far from a cat piss double IPA as you can get.

If you haven’t tried a 4pk, I highly suggest it!
    http://newhollandbrew.com/beer/pilgrims-dole/

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  2. Tracker83

Tracker83

I absolutely LOVE Pilgrims Dole. It's one of several great New Holland beers that seems to fly under the radar and not receive the recognition that it deserves (Night Tripper and Black Tulip are a couple others).

3. Pinefarm2015

Pinefarm2015

Black Tulip is great too. I haven’t tried Night Tripper.

At the Knickerbocker, New Holland had a cherry wit beer earlier in the Fall that’s also awesome. So far they only offered it on tap, at the bar. I hope they bottle it someday.

Personally, New Holland is my favorite brewery, as they seem to make the beers I enjoy most. Some breweries load up on IPA’s, but I do not like IPA’s under any circumstances.

4. PunyTrout

PunyTrout

20 year anniversary special brew. 16.7% Barleywine. Don't fret, I saved you a bottle.

[​IMG]

5. Pinefarm2015

Pinefarm2015

Cool. Thanks! I’ll squirrel away a 4 pack of Pilgrims Dole for trout camp. There’s a Grand Rapids store that has them on super sale for $10.99 a 4 pack. I don’t want to say which store until I go stock up. ;)

On a personal note, I had my eye surgery. Incredible results. Seeing 20/25 already with no glasses. Should see 20/15 with glasses.

PunyTrout likes this.
  6. Tracker83

Tracker83

Haha! you and I have talked about that before so I know how you feel, but I am a certified hop-head... But I like most other styles too.

7. Pinefarm2015

Pinefarm2015

Wheat. Malt. Good.

Too much hops/IPA gives me hiccups and heartburn at the same time.