close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New gear for 2018- what are you buying?

Discussion in 'Out of state hunts' started by steelyspeed, Feb 11, 2018.

1. brushbuster

brushbuster

Yes many times, I read his book when I lived alone in my Alaska stick framed cabin, You could say he gave me inspiration.

2. roo

roo

I’ve been agonizing over packs for the last week and I just ordered that same pack this afternoon. Got an email from eBay for a coupon code for 15% off so I couldn’t resist. Saved 63 bucks ordering it from eBay

brushbuster likes this.

3. Lightfoot

Lightfoot

Butt and Pass, kits or? My wife and I have bounced around the log home idea to avoid another mortgage but after 21 years in the trades I'm a little banged up as well. If we end up with a little property I could see a smaller cabin to keep me busy otherwise we may or may not buy.

4. steelyspeed

steelyspeed

Ah we are young and dumb, now is the time for this stuff

brushbuster and WMU05 like this.
  5. brushbuster

brushbuster

No kits,last year my wife and I took down over 100 red and white pines on our property. We skidded, milled and peeled 170 cabin logs and milled 50 saw logs for lumber. This year we start the build,hoping for no mortgage also. It will be close.

mattawanhunter, QDMAMAN and WMU05 like this.
  6. brushbuster

brushbuster

You will have to let me know how you like it. I need to be able to fit my packraft in it somehow. I was hoping I could fold it flat and slip it in between the bag and the frame along with the break down paddle and fishing rod tubes. I like the versatility of their packs.

7. roo

roo

If your down this way sometime soon your welcome to check it out and see if it fits.

brushbuster likes this.
  8. roo

roo

It came in today and I spent the last couple hours messing with it. Took a bit to get used to the adjustments but I like it so far. Feels like nothing picking it up. It’s half the weight of my old blacks creek pack. The spotting scope pocket doubles as an access pocket for the main bag so it sure how it would work for your raft. They say that it’s big enough for a 95mm spotter

brushbuster likes this.
  9. brushbuster

brushbuster

Mine will be here in a couple days.

10. Joel/AK

Joel/AK

This year I didn't have to buy much. Picked up a vortex range finder cuz turkey is right around the corner. Didn't want to bit after about 8 years my Leupold broke. One of these days I'm gonna send it in.

Also picked up a wicked ridge crossbow as a backup since my good 10 point broke last season.

Since moving back from AK 5years ago I'm good on apparel.

Been looking at new boots but my older lowa's sheep hunters are still waterproof and comfortable.

11. brushbuster

brushbuster

More like 2 weeks now. Called SG today, they. are waiting on material to finish my order. At least I'm not in a hurry

12. steelyspeed

steelyspeed

After seeing Kuiu’s ultra pack frame on sale for $179.99 I decided to ditch the stone glacier dream... I picked up a 6000 bag also for a shipped total of $340. So half the price of the stone glacier and 3lbs 10oz. I just couldn’t help myself

brushbuster and WMU05 like this.
  13. brushbuster

brushbuster

Finally got the pack last night, extremely happy with it, My pack raft fits nicely on the load shelf between the bag and the frame, and all my stuff fits in nicely with plenty of room for food and more last minute gear. Well designed pack.