close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New gear for 2018- what are you buying?

Discussion in 'Out of state hunts' started by steelyspeed, Feb 11, 2018 at 10:29 AM.

1. steelyspeed

steelyspeed

Same here my wife asked me last night how much I have spent on First Lite gear in the past two years... I wouldn’t tell her lol

I am looking at their soft shell bibs and sawtooth jacket...

2. Just remember new First Lite stuff comes out in 2 weeks. The new puffy jacket looks great.

3. The Doob

The Doob

For the budget conscious, go to Rokslide.com and check out their want ads/for sale section. I bought a number of slightly used items there (Kennetrek boots, Sitka Puffy, Sitka Pants) that cost much less than new.

4. OAKSnPINE

OAKSnPINE

You talking about the North Branch bibs? I've got some new with tags to sell in ASAT. Size is small but they run very big. I'm normally a 30/30 and they are 2-3 inches loose on me and about 4 inches long. They fit bigger than some of my medium sized sitka and kuiu stuff.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

5. OAKSnPINE

OAKSnPINE

Second this. Rokslide classifieds are great. Especially for tents, bags, binos and accessories. Used clothes are hit or miss pending how serious you are about scent control. I got some great like new kuiu rain gear off there last year.

6. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

Some new amplified ear plugs and MAYBE a new pair of boots. There is also the possibility of a beagle.

7. steelyspeed

steelyspeed

Yes, I am about 6 inches wider than you but thanks for posting.

Hunting18 likes this.
  8. OAKSnPINE

OAKSnPINE

Other than sizing they seem pretty sweet. The trap door zip opening is a nice option as are the built in liner gators.

9. Forest Meister

Forest Meister

Once I can settle on whatever it is i am going to hunt this fall I will deciding what new gear I need. FM

Hunting18 likes this.
  10. brushbuster

brushbuster

There is a first lite buy sell and trade page on face book. If you shop around you can get some deals Or trade stuff that don' work for you. I get alot of my clothing there

11. brushbuster

brushbuster

Camo fire is a great place for gear. Lots of discounts on gear

12. HTC

HTC Trophy Husband

I going to replace my old Garmin Etrex GPS. It is an early edition and is pretty basic. While it still works the unit is frustrating as it constantly loses signal in heavy cover and you have to be moving for it to work due to no active compass. If someone can recommend a current/modern one I open to suggestions. Are the models you can put topo maps on all that? I do not believe I need one of the InReach models that you have buy a monthly subscription for. Once I get a new one I have to figure out how to move all my waypoints over.

13. steelyspeed

steelyspeed

I use an inReach to keep in touch with home, and then onX maps on my phone. You save the maps on your phone and in my opinion it works better an more user friendly than most gps units

HTC likes this.
  14. Hunting18

Hunting18

I love my Garmin. I have a Garmin Oregon (can't remember the model # but can get it if you'd like). It shows great way points and very easy to overlay other maps onto the screen. I have never had an issue with loosing signal. However I have only had it in Nebraska and Michigan.

HTC likes this.
  15. HTC

HTC Trophy Husband

Thanks. My BIL has that on his phone but you do need cell signal for it to work right? Where I hunt in SW Colorado there is none, notta....zero. Same for northern Ontario. Now InReach would be nice in those locations to be able to communicate but on the flip side I have trained my wife and boss to not expect to hear from me....not sure I am ready to give that up;)

Hunting18 likes this.