New forum

Discussion in 'Center Pin Fishing' started by quest32a, Mar 21, 2006.

1. quest32a

quest32a Mods

Just wanted to introduce this new forum. Should be a good one with the popularity of pinning increasing.

2. MPsteelheader

MPsteelheader Guest

3. dinoday

dinoday

I've been thinking about getting into ceterpinning...now a forum to answer my questions and direct me to spend more money:lol:
    I look forward to some good reading:)

4. subocto

subocto

Can someone describe what this method is in comparison to fly and spin fishing? Ive heard alot about it but have never seen it done. Is it a different technique, is it used in different conditions than more common types, and is it different equipment? Thanks.:dizzy: :gaga:

5. dinoday

dinoday

The guys I've seen doing it typically are using floats with spawn,the advantage I've seen is you can float a loooooooongg way with zero resistance on the line...totally drag free drift.
    Different reel and rod...the reel resembles a very large arbor fly reel,but it's not a fly reel.Rods are typically long,over 11 ft,but I would imagine there's different applications than I've seen.
    MPsteelheader,Quest,Gomer and I'm sure others know a whole lot more than I do...I've seen their pics;)
    I've seen them used on piers with great success...that's what got my interest.

6. mechanical head

mechanical head

Where do I apply for the bait caster forum, or maybe the underspin forum..lol..

Quest do you return messages ?

7. brad arnett

brad arnett

I have a centerpin post in the cold water forum if a moderator would like to move it here. It has some good info in it.

8. tommytubular

tommytubular

Oh great!!

another way to spend my hard earned dollar...

I don't have a centerpin......but I've done some looking at equipment and read a little about them.....looking forward to the information that always seems to flow out of the sportsman that visit this place

9. quest32a

quest32a Mods

Sorry Dennis, I didn't get the message until late that night. That was us you saw. We ended up with one in about 2 hours of fishing. Ill get hold of you later.... Ive been busy.

10. bombcast

bombcast

Apparently, once you're a year or two involved in pinning, you refuse to believe that a steelie will actually eat something other than suspended below a float. If it's swung, drifted, or bottom bounced, then it's lining. :lol:

11. thousandcasts

thousandcasts

I'm out to prove that the style of float doesn't matter when presenting spawn, but I would like some tips on the proper way to stagger my shot under a snoopy bobber. Anyone have any suggestions?

12. MPsteelheader

MPsteelheader Guest

:lol: easy TC...

on the line make it look like snoopy is leaving lil' doodoo butter bits all the way down the line til you reach your hook...lol:D

13. Flyfisher

Flyfisher

:yeahthat: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Too bad you got yourself banned....see what happens when someone "double dog" dares you to follow through with your thoughts....Oh, thats right, you can't reply.:lol:

Anyway, glad to see another forum for float fishing ...maybe the name could be changed from Center Pin to Float Fishing, that way TC and his snoopy "floats" will feel more welcome.

TC, to put it simply, for slower flows evenly space out multiple shot on the line, below the previously mentioned Snoopy bobber, until the float is loaded (water line is the bottom part of the brighter colored top of the float). For faster, broken water, bunch your shot just above the swivel going to your leader. It can be more complicated than that but I think that should get you started.

14. thousandcasts

thousandcasts

So a half ounce bell sinker under a snoopy bobber isn't going to cut it? Hmmm...no wonder I can't catch fish!

I think I'll change my sig, just for you Flyfisher--"If it acts like a bobber, then it is a bobber!" j/k :lol:

15. Steve

Steve Staff Member Admin

Guys this forum was started due to the fact that "center pinning" is probably the fastest growing technique in river fishing today. I'm well aware of the others, but this one has been getting a lot of discussion.