Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New fishing license?

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by Scott K, Feb 10, 2018.

1. coralee

I believe they are changing over the system and that may be the delay.
  2. UplandnWaterfowl

UplandnWaterfowl Premium Member

Makes perfect sense if you look at the big picture. The end of the hunting season is Mar. 31 (rabbit/crow) the last ones to close. It is also a natural break in fishing season going from hard to soft water; also, many spawning closures at the same time. Yes, lots of fishing open through those dates, but not a lot of actual fishermen. Since many people purchase the hunt/fish combo license it makes March the perfect time to purchase your new license and throw out your old one with no complicated cross over rules. Example, how would you handle someone that hunts ducks during the split, they need a general license (covered by the hunt/fish combo), a duck license and a federal stamp, hunting on Jan. 1st would be very complicated if they all had different license dates.

3. Guy63

I see your point but to me January 1st is new year, new license/s. There’s lots of confusion as it is already. You hear the same questions every year. You can’t get all your tags for everything for the year on 4/1 anyway. With all the “application” Periods and doe tags. It doesn’t matter, I don’t have a problem myself. :D
  4. bobberbill

Just got my fish and base online. What a PIA.. DNR/State redid the site. Not friendly at all. Now you are required to do a logon/sign on/ password to be able to enter the system. Took me 1/2 hour, then it screwed up and I had to start over. Good luck.. Next time I'm just going to town to do it.
    MISTURN3 and jstfish48162 like this.