New ficious jigs for 2012

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by ficious, Oct 6, 2012.

1. BAY CREEPER

BAY CREEPER

Your not alone Burksee. My bay walleye tackle collection is addicting

ImageUploadedByOHubCampfire1352484054.865420.jpg

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

2. Dantana

Dantana

That's an impressive collection. The glow clown bug eye (2nd row from bottom, all the way to right) is my favorite jig for Bay walleyes.

Quick question, how do you keep those jigs from bouncing and banging around in that box on those long trips out on the Bay? I got a couple with paint chips already and have never found a good way to store them. It pains me to see Harry's jigs all beat up....they are so pretty! ;)

3. BAY CREEPER

BAY CREEPER

Thanks. I am anxious to get out there after them.

For this box i will be cutting foam to stick in each square so there is little to no movement. Definitely a necessity on the bay. My box full of do-jiggers, moonshines, stingers, and other spoons... I took the foam that comes with do-jiggers and put 2-3 in each square which pretty much eliminates the bouncing. But with moonshines, ficious, and other heavier spoons you need to be sure there is more padding in those. Also, last year i started hauling tackle out there in a back pack with my flasher, really really helped with the wear and tear. However this year i have more tackle so im not sure where its all going to fit on the way out.:lol:

4. Dantana

Dantana

Looks like we had some of the same ideas. I've done the do-jigger foam thing and the back pack thing as well. I've even filled up those small jig boxes that Harry sends his jigs in and just put them in my coat pockets. But like you said, starting to accumulate too much stuff. I do have some left over gun case foam that Im trying to cut up and see if I can make it work. If we have another winter like last year it will be a moot point anyways :confused:

5. walleyeatsag

walleyeatsag

thanks for the reply Harry I may look up yours jigs online and get Lou(plugtug) to get me some at Anglers Point Marina Lou said he say your fiscious jigs there!
    Rich
    p.s i will see if Dantana will give me some advice as to "secret' colors that work on the bay:D:D:D:D:D

6. ficious

ficious catch & digest Premium Member

I've got some LM-34's(gold) on the table right now. Kind of a Feanorian effort with these. 13 paint operations and they are still blank. A bluegill pattern(what a surprise). These may rival the Smerch family for final # of operations. The never ending search for THEE gill pattern. These may end up with the electric purple bead that treated me so well this past summer.

The gold Glow Yellow Scud is being well recieved by the people who have seen them. There is another pattern of gold Fry still on the table. When they are done I will release all 4(Glow Pearl White Red Dot, Glow Yellow Scud, LM-34 bluegill(Unnamed), and the additional Fry pattern)

Harry

7. ficious

[​IMG]

Here is the last Fry for now. It's my mix, glow yellowish orange. Red/orange glitter, black stripes, glow white/black eyespot, hammered GOLD backside.

What I consider my best work so far are waiting for beads. I wanted to use the electric purple beads but there wasn't enough contrast. It's a bloogil pattern(what else) on a GOLD LM-34 blade. 22 paint operations in all.....I almost don't want to let them go.

The 3 latest Fry patterns are up on my site now, the LM-34 will follow at some point.

Some of the categories have 2 pages.

Harry

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  8. ficious

I'm not sure what the final product will look like. Red bead is most likely. I'm going to take a few for a swim this weekend with a variety of plastics first.

LM-34 Glow Bloogil lll

[​IMG]

Glow Shot

[​IMG]

This is the reason I don't post glow pictures. Just can't get a good shot, but this will give an idea what they loook like in the dark(not quite as fuzzy though)

9. ficious

Looks like the jig in the last post will have to be renamed LM-34G Glow Bloogil IV as III already exists and is different.

[​IMG]

I left the bead off on this one for the guys that might want to add their own color or that would fish it with plastic. Any bead can be changed with a lighter and a pliers. Crush the existing bead and heat the hook a little and slide the new bead into position and let it cool.

[​IMG]

This one caused some interest, both fish and people so I painted up a few. It's a Fry Fire Eyed Mud Bugz. Olive drab body(doesn"t glow), glow red stripes and glow green eyes. I painted this pattern at the request of Bob D and the perch liked it!

Both are up on my site now......think ice!! We had snow all day today!

Harry

10. Burksee

Burksee Premium Member

Thanks Harry! Sorry it took so long before I got another order in but the wife is getting suspicious about my ficious expenses! :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

11. Bob D

Bob D

I am so glad the perch agree! Hopefully it works again.

12. ficious

Bob,
    I couldn't buy a bite til l switched to the wood bobber and popped it along the edge of standing weeds. It was "jumping" along and that seemed to trigger them. Minnows under a bobber didn't get a nibble. One trip doesn 't make a pattern but l liked what l saw.

Harry

13. Burksee

Burksee Premium Member

Received my "fix" in the mail today, just in time for the weekend! :woohoo1: Awesome looking as usual, Thanks again Harry! :D

14. mtwillard

mtwillard

Just put my order for 20 fry's or so, can't wait to try them

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  15. ficious

This weekends orders will go out in the morning.

Just a heads up, I will be out of town from the 2nd til the 7th(at least). If you were thinking of ordering and need them soon, you might want to do that in the next week or so. Orders taken in that time frame will be sent ASAP.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!
    Harry