new crossbow hunters

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by DANIEL MARK ZAPOLSKI, Mar 12, 2009.

1. 50 -60 years old

43.8%
  2. 60 years and above

30.3%
  3. an old bow hunter who will now return do to new rules

33.7%
  4. zone 3 hunters of all aspects

40.4%
  5. zone 1&2 hunters

14.6%
  6. sportswomen

15.7%
  7. youths

12.4%
  8. those who applied but were denied

14.6%
  9. gun hunters who never bow hunted

23.6%
  10. first time archery hunter

10.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Chris B.

Chris B.

I have hunted with a bow for over 30 years.I killed a deer last year with my bow. For the next 3 seasons,I will hunt with my crossbow. I find it to be a new challenge for me. I doubt that I will impact any bowhunter who wishes to hunt with a bow. I still support FULL INCLUSION. Why I should be allowed to use a crossbow because I am 52,but my neighbor,who is 44 can't. When this is all said and done,crossbows will be just ANOTHER tool to harvest game.Take a look at other states where the crossbows have been used.Point to ANY problem that they created.You can't.

2. Whitetail1

Whitetail1

I posted a remark Friday afternoon regerding the new law allowing the use of crossbows in zone 3. My statement was indeed a knee jerk reaction when I called the bows a "crossgun". I in no way meant any harm or direspect to any of you that enjoy the use of the crossbow. I still have mixed emotions regarding their use but it is not my position to judge those that do. Please eccept my apology and good hunting.:)

3. north_of_mackinaw

north_of_mackinaw

I plan on buying a crossbow but I'm not sure yet what kind. Have to do some serious research and talk to some hunters that already use one. I just turned 50 and have diabetes and just can't seem to stay warm here in the U.P. during gun season anymore. I'm really looking forward to spending a full day in the woods hunting again.

4. 2PawsRiver

2PawsRiver Premium Member

Well it's good to see that based on the numbers here that Crossbows are putting the old guys in the woods.....................thats good since I am not all that far from being an Old Guy.:D

5. Whit1

Whit1 Premium Member

There's a thread in here started by an MS member named Lew. Look for it and read through.

6. Whit1

Whit1 Premium Member

It sorta creeps up slowly doesn't it.........:lol:

7. riverroadbeagles

riverroadbeagles

I see those of us in zone 1 and 2 get the shaft again. I live just 2 miles north of m20 and there are deer everywhere but I cant hunt in the early doe season or I cant use a crossbow. Doesnt seem fair to me. Quit bow hunting a couple of years ago because it bothers my shoulder to practice and I dont beleive you should be hunting if you dont practice regulary. So I will have to wait another 13 years untill I am 50. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

8. ART

ART

I have killed a couple deer during the gun season with my crossbow, so it's not new to me, but I am really looking forward to hunting small game with it.

9. Liv4Huntin'

Liv4Huntin'

Have you written / emailed / called the NRC, and your congressmen/women in Lansing voicing your views???????
    ~m~

10. TrekJeff

TrekJeff

When I have the cash available I will buy one. I think it's a great move to bringing new people into the sport. I look forward to it.

11. Doeboy

Doeboy

Yep will be buying one for the first time I'm excited :D.

12. Rasdale

Rasdale

This fall I'm going to switch from a verticle bowhunter to a horizontal bowhunter. I like the looks and feel of the Parker Buck-Buster 175. I hope to have my crossbow in the next couple of months. :D