New Crankbaits

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by mjh4, Jul 14, 2020.

1. HonestJoe

HonestJoe

Sometimes unorthodox actions cause others to burp and fart at the same time. Keep in mind, it is these very same actions that describe our character and create stories that pass to legend. Your words brought back thoughts of outdoor experiences I attempted as a less seasoned man. Thank You.
    Some may criticize, but keep writing your story.

2. jtre

jtre

Probably wouldn't do this any more, but we used to snorkel two heavily fished rivers in west Michigan in mid summer and get enough lures and lead (snagging hooks) to last the upcoming salmon and steelhead seasons. wish I still had all that lead to make walleye jigs.

mjh4 and fishinthed like this.

3. fishinthed

fishinthed

My Grandpa reportedly dove in after one, much to the astonishment of my Dad, ho considered him nuts for doing so. He was pretty hardcore. I draw the line at a lure retriever.

mjh4 likes this.
  4. Unanamous

Unanamous

Never. I've lost a few of the same rapalas over time, I just buy replacements. Too fat and old to be chasing after lures. But there is something to be said about a good battle scarred war proven lure. I could see someone doing this...but me...nah.

mjh4 likes this.
  5. Fishndude

Fishndude

I broke in a whole set of new Bandits this year, fishing Erie for Walleyes. I didn't mind a bit, and most of them have some decent scratches on them, now. ;)

6. scottyhoover

scottyhoover

Take your new lures and stick them in a fishes mouth....gotta get the enzymes on it!

7. Wannabe Angler

Wannabe Angler

This summer I was fishing at the cottage from shore on a fallen tree w a slip and a jig head...got snagged and swam out (fully clothed) to unhook it..hot bite and didn't wanna retie. It was also like 95 out tho.

Went swimming plenty of times for a rod or glasses off a boat..

If it is safe and possible I'll get wet for gear..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

mjh4 likes this.
  8. lilsean95

lilsean95

Never that serious, but good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

mjh4 likes this.
  9. Crankenstien

Crankenstien

Many times in the past, and many times to come... I love to swim though. Twice I jumped in to unsnag a lure that still had a fish on it.

mjh4 and Wannabe Angler like this.