New CPAP user, weight loss?

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by jiggin is livin, Sep 22, 2020.

1. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer Banned

Just plug it in, slap in on your face and sleep. (I do like the "nap excuse")

I tried it their way, used the "ramp up" feature, didn't like it. SO, I just set it on 10 right from the get go and let 'er rip. Started from day one, all night. I change the pressure setting on night two. Have not looked back

2. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

I wish you all the best @eggfly, I still absolutely love mine!

No weight loss like I was hoping. I don't feel like I have a ton of energy like I did in the beginning, that was likely just noticing the difference from being a slug for so long. I feel great everyday though and I don't get the mid day slump or the get home and too exhausted to move feeling anymore. I feel good right up until bed time. I also sleep the whole night through now, usually.

Side note: Hangovers still suck. I was really hoping it would help replenish the oxygen after a good bender, it isn't AS bad, but no where near a cure. Lol

Oldgrandman and eggfly like this.

3. jiggin is livin

Since this thread popped back up, I thought of you and wondered if you had any success. Did you give it another shot?

jr28schalm likes this.
  4. jr28schalm

jr28schalm

Not sure how I missed this thread. Best thing to ever happen to me was cpap machine. I use to wake up every hour to pee and once I fell out of bed and didnt wake up till morning. I haven't napped in 7 years now. Use to think my lower energy was from thc but that wasn't the case

5. Northernfisher

Northernfisher Premium Member

You can if you want buy and oxygen generator and put it in line with your cpap. That might help on those nights that you had too much to drink. I woud not suggest using it every night.

The best answer is to not drink that much but, you knew that.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    DanSS26 and jiggin is livin like this.
  6. jiggin is livin

I have only drank that much twice since being on the machine. Just not into getting that tore up anymore. I love a few beers, but plastered isn't my thing anymore.

I was just hoping for another bonus! Lol

DanSS26 likes this.
  7. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mod

Are you saying you peed the floor?

8. jr28schalm

jr28schalm

Nope, lol. One time I peed the bed after drinking till 4am in Chicago. Wife had federal boards that day. Can't believe she didn't kill me

9. sureshot006

I had a college roommate nearly pee in the kitchen utensils drawer. I had to push him away from it toward the bathroom. Yes, ethanol was involved.

jiggin is livin and jr28schalm like this.
  10. jimbo

jimbo

I do like mine too. I used to wake up with headaches all the time. Drinking or not.
    that's not an issue any more.
    still wake up quite a few times every night. Sometimes to pee, sometimes to let the dog out. but most of the time just to put my back into another position that doesnt hurt as much

jiggin is livin likes this.
  11. sureshot006

I'm just blown away by how common the use of cpap is. Probably a lot more that could benefit and don't even know.

12. Northernfisher

Northernfisher Premium Member

Oh to be young again!!!!!!

13. Boardman Brookies

Boardman Brookies

The biggest issue is keeping it clean. Be sure to get one of those small ozone machines to use to sanitize. They work great.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

jiggin is livin and eggfly like this.
  14. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer Banned

The FDA states that there is no evidence that the ozone machines do anything. The company that makes my Cpap, Resmed, states that those machines can damage the unit.

15. jiggin is livin

I am a freak when it comes to cleaning mine. I wipe it out every morning and wash it pretty much daily. The thought of breath, drool and general moisture in it just grosses me out. Lol

I have read mixed reviews on those, I just clean mine with soap and water daily and do a vinegar/water bath every weekend. Seems good so far.

The nastiest was after deer camp for 5 days and my Dad smoking in the camper in the morning. I got home that night and put it on and it was like breathing through an ashtray, didn't notice it while I was up there. Slept without it that night. I couldn't believe how fast I got tired the next day, felt like I slept good without it, but I guess I didn't.

Boardman Brookies likes this.