close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New bait and tackle Marquette

Discussion in 'Icefishing UP inland lakes and big lake bays' started by zzcop302, Dec 2, 2017.

1. zzcop302

zzcop302

2. Teggs

Teggs

Been there a few times now. It is extremely small (similar to Martys in Gwinn) and nothing special going on quite yet. So far the service was not what I expected (non-fishermen employees), but the bait selection is great. Tons of nice minnow storage with various sizes and great looking tanks, unfortunately its not self serve. Other than live bait theres not much going on. They did say they were going to be stocking up the store at the end of last week. But both workers i talked to were college students doing homework and didnt know what brand or what type of stuff they were gonna be getting in or when which was a bummer. I was trying to get info on bulk orders but neither of the people i talked to knew anything about that. I left my info early last week but havent heared from the owners yet. I will prolly take a swing in this week to see if they got anything going on yet. It has a good location for fast easy swoop in and grab ur bait. They are also open at 630am which is nice for hitting early ice. This has a lot of potential to be a hopping little shop, look forward to seeing how it progresses. Its located just over the hill from the carp river mouth if your coming from harvey or just past beefaroo if your leaving marquette. Check it out!!

zzcop302 and Nostromo like this.

3. zzcop302

zzcop302

Thanks for the report Teggs.
    It will be nice to get a better selection of bait close to Superior.
    Hopefully they will enlarge and improve their stock.
    It’s a great location for me as I am coming into Marquette on 41 from the south and won’t have to drive into downtown Marquette.
    It is always a bummer when employees aren’t at least somewhat versed in what they are selling..... whether it be auto parts or fishing tackle.
    They are simply there to ring the register lol.