Need to McGuyver a better hip boot hanger

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by B.Jarvinen, Aug 2, 2020.

1. B.Jarvinen

B.Jarvinen Premium Member

so I had a $3 special from Eagle Claw for this, but the boots always fell out of it.

I want to hang a pair of hip boots in the truck. More to keep them from folding over at the knees all the time than worrying about drying them.

Was just looking at some manufactured for this but I have to think “home made” can’t be all that difficult.

Maybe just a clothes hanger creatively bent? A closed loop would prevent boots slipping out; thread the boot through from the top and good to go. Maybe one hanger per boot would be simpler.

But how to force the hanger to stay in the right shape? Anyone try this?

Experiments begin soon...

2. ESOX

ESOX Staff Member Super Mod Mods

I use a metal hanger, put the toes pointing outwards through both bottom corners. give each buut a half turn, then turn the hangunge hook back upwards. Hand them up. I'd take a pic but the closest pair hanging like that is at work, and I'm not gong anywhere near there today unless they call me in for some double time. ;) Cant fish, may as well do something.

3. frenchriver1

frenchriver1 Mr. Flatfish Premium Member

The boot hanger that I found most effective was an S shape wire that the boots fit into with a hanging hook in the middle and the toes pointing outward.

4. B.Jarvinen

B.Jarvinen Premium Member

That is the design of the $3 special I have. I am sure it would work perfectly in any unbothered corner indoors.

I gotta get one (or two) to hold the boot inside a working crew cab pickup that drives off pavement a lot. They store perfectly well folded over, but I think the crease points become the leak points eventually.

But I detoured into a wall painting project today and didn’t start messing with coat hangers yet.

5. 6thMichCav

6thMichCav

Get a roll of velcro. Cut a two foot strip, and wrap one foot around the ankles of the boots. Loop the remaining foot onto your hangar/coat hanger/truck hook.

I’ve found the $7 harbor freight Velcro useful for this and a lot of other stuff (Electric cords, hoses, fishing rod keepers, etc.).