Need someone to reload pistol ammo

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by River Rat, Jul 24, 2020.

1. River Rat

River Rat

Willing to pay for reloading. 45acp, 40 cal. And 9 mm. I have the brass. Live in metro Detroit area. Best is to text or call. Gary. 586 246 5292

2. CDN1

CDN1

Generally too much liability to reload for another shooter. Best off to find a friend and at least stroke the ram or get your own kit. Not much money to be saved by rolling your own anymore any how.

Gil Martin likes this.

3. sourdough44

sourdough44

I just loaded 100 9mm rounds today, thought I’d try 115 grain Sierra HP’s, Win-231 powder.

Yeah, it may be hard to find someone nearby.

4. Bucket-Back

Bucket-Back

FFL 06 is needed for sale of reloaded ammo

Gil Martin likes this.
  5. Gil Martin

Gil Martin

I agree that most folks are not very eager to reload for someone else for various reasons. They are willing to educate or assist others in the learning process, but want to avoid any hassles. All the best...
    Gil

6. Ken

Ken

Best bet is find a company that sells reloaded ammo, such as Great Lakes Ammunition in Wixom. Or shop online and find deals on bulk ammo. Then you can always save the empty brass or even sell it.
    Way too many risks for someone to load ammo for another gun and shooter. Plus it is illegal if they are selling it without a license to do so.

Bucket-Back likes this.
  7. Quack Addict

Quack Addict

I'd be careful with commercially loaded ammo. There was some stuff out a few years ago that KB'd a bunch of people's pistols. Haven't heard that company's name mentioned in a while; guessing they either got their act straightened out, closed their doors, or opened up shop under a new name.

An acquaintance of mine has at least 3 different FFL's including one to sell reloaded ammo. He gave me a box of 50 rounds a while back. Didn't trust it so I disassemble all of it with a collet puller. 2 of the 50 had NO powder charge...

Bucket-Back likes this.
  8. ESOX

ESOX Staff Member Super Mod Mods

Beats the snot out of overcharged. ;)

9. Quack Addict

Quack Addict

Not if the first one pushes the pill part way down the barrel and the next one has a legit powder charge behind it...

The guy that loaded this ammo told me a story about how his buddy wrecked his 300 BO shooting subsonic ammo through a can. Said the dude fired something like 6 or 8 rounds and never hit paper. All the billets were lined up inside the barrel LOL.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    Bucket-Back, 9mm Hi-Power and ESOX like this.
  10. River Rat

River Rat

Thanks for the advice

11. shaffe48b

shaffe48b

They'd have to be dang hard up. Even paying someone minimum for their time you'll be up over factory prices.

12. Quack Addict

Quack Addict

Yup. And to turn a bigger profit, commercial reloaders often skimp on important details to reduce the amount of time they have into producing a batch.

Ammoseek is a good search engine for finding the best price on factory ammo.