close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need some opinions

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by Matt Bailey, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Matt Bailey

Matt Bailey

Well I now am really confused, finally talked wife out of Pontoon idea, and was all ready to go pickup the Lund tomorrow, then got a call from another dealer that I had talked to and they made what seems like a good offer, going to list both boats built below and want some opinions

2017 Lund Rebel 1650 xs ss
    60hp Mercury
    Helix 5 Finder
    Minnkota 55# drive trolling(no Ipilot)
    $22024.70 OTD

2017 Polar Kraft 165 Kodiak
    50 HP Mercury
    Helix 7 with GPS and Sonar
    Minnkota Terrova 55# with Ipilot
    Including Rod Holders and few small things
    $20102.14 OTD

2. Gator Alan

Gator Alan

The
    Polar Kraft even though it has a 50hp motor. It's a heavy boat. I have a Crestliner 1650 fishhawk with a 60 and I top out at 32 mph with a four blade propeller. The polar kraft are well made . Lund you pay for the name.

3. Jimbo 09

Jimbo 09

Polarcraft. Save a couple thousand and get a better accessories. I don't believe there will be a huge difference between a 50-60hp.

snortwheeze likes this.
  4. Matt Bailey

Matt Bailey

I Know everyone says Lund has great resale, but the Polar Kraft is 2K less and seems to be coming with better electronics to boot

buck11pt24 likes this.
  5. hommer23

hommer23

It would depend on what you are planing on using it for. If inland lakes, some bass fishing or pan fishing once in a while either will work well. I just down sized from a Ranger to a Alumacraft Competitor 165 in my aviator, I went with the helix 7 and a navionics chip, 90 hp merc and upgraded to the 24v/80# Terrova, also got a travel cover, extra seat, with 2 air rides and some other goodies for storage. Take your wife into the shop and let her sit in both and get her feed back, keep in mind that a full windshield will make her happy on colder days but the SC will give you more space. I see you don't have a onboard charger listed on either boat, that would be a must for me, also the little thing like batteries, size and type can make a couple hundred difference in price. For trolling motor I would upgrade to a 24 volt, the terrova is nice with the ipilot, with the spot lock and Recording a track.

Matt Bailey likes this.
  6. specks23

specks23 Premium Member

Go Lund...better resale and warranty.

7. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

That's 2000 you could use towards "upgrades" on board charger excatra...and some more gear. Have to really look at them both and decide from there.

Jimbo 09 and fishingmonster like this.
  8. gatorman841

gatorman841 Premium Member

I had the same Lund picked out exactly with check in my hand and the dealer pd me off so never bought it. (Se mich dealer) mine was 21,500 OTD, also included a radio and the extra pedastal seat and bicycle seat up front and cheap bow mount fish finder. I worked them a little to get that price, so if you get the Lund try and get those other cpl options thrown in. Boat cover also but I believe that was a deal from Lund themselves

snortwheeze likes this.
  9. Matt Bailey

Matt Bailey

Gator, The lund is 22024 OTD with cover, 3 seats, Helix 5, and drive 55 on it, what else were you getting for the 21500, also who was dealer?

10. sullyxlh

sullyxlh

You have it backwards..

Polarkraft sure ain't what they used to be.

11. Drake

Drake

12. woodie slayer

woodie slayer

call your lund dealer back and see if he will do any better. show him the other offer. if not buy the lund anyway..the 60 hp upgrade is really nice.i bought same boat in 2012 instead of the cover i had them put in onboard charger and extra seat for same price i didnt want a cover.i believe lund has a rebate on that boat too.

13. gatorman841

gatorman841 Premium Member

It had 3 pedestal seats, bicycle seat for up front , helix 5 on dash , am/fm radio , same tm on front with the 60hp on back. I believe I also added in the rod holders as I tried to get her almost completely rigged before I brought it home. I see if I can find all my paperwork to see if I'm missing anything. I don't wanna put their name out on the net because of the crappy experience I had with them and after my experience I've talked with others that said they have had bad experiences with them to. Not just with buying boats but with repairs. Sent you a pm

14. CrashAxe

CrashAxe

Babe Winkelman is a Polar Craft fan.... Go with your gut... IMHO, sink them both and get an Alumaweld...

snortwheeze likes this.