Need help

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by CDN1, May 10, 2020.

1. CDN1

CDN1

anyone know if you can connect a first gen Helix 5 DI to the US2 transducer on a minn Kota terrova??
    I know I won't get DI function but can I use the standard sonar without damaging the head unit??? I cooked my original transducer(think I left it on inthe garage) hoping I can still use the head unit with the trolling motor transducer. And yes I need the adapter cable. Just don't want to waste my 40 bucks if it won't work or pooch the head unit????

2. piketroller

piketroller

Universal sonar means it should work with anything.

3. CDN1

CDN1

Agreed PT just don't want to have to return a cable if it won't read. I messaged johonson outdoors will see what they reply with.

4. Skinner 2

Skinner 2

If you were close I would let you yse my cable to see if it worked.

5. CDN1

CDN1

Thank you for the offer. I hear, They frown upon meeting on the water lol. I think I'm gonna break down and just buy the cable it's cheaper the a new transducer.

6. Last year I took my Garmin CV5 that I used to have on my old boat and hooked it up to my Terrova and it worked fine with just 2D sonar. This year I put the transducer on the TM to utilize the other features. I don't see why your Helix wouldn't work.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

7. CDN1

CDN1

Johnson sent a reply, the helix 5 DI first gen using the XNT-9-di-t transducer...Will NOT work with the US2 transducer on the terrova. Even using just regular 2D sonar.
    I guess I'll keep my Garmin Striker 4 connected. It seams to be working fine although not as well as it does with the OEM Garmin transducer.

8. piketroller

piketroller

That’s really funny that Johnson Outdoors builds in a universal transducer that doesn’t even work on their own product.

9. CDN1

CDN1

I here you. The US2 will work with other helix 5 units just not the one I have. I guess it didn't make the cut.
    For a list of the units that will, see their site.

A little disappointing but Kinda like the way the garmins operate better than the humminbirds anyway. I bought the little Striker 4 and it felt a bit easier to use. so when the helix's transducer tanked on me I bought an echomap 9sv plus to replace my dash mounted helix. But since I have the head unit I figured I'd try it on the bow just to get a little larger screen. But it won't so screw it, Ill keep the little Striker on the bow.