Need a flashlight recommendation. Surefire? Streamlight?

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by johndeere506, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Chuck

Chuck

https://coastportland.com/products/g32

I found this one at Meijer and ended up getting two more. Long battery life (compared to others) and I have dropped it a bunch. Easy to carry two extra double AA's and its bright. I think they were 20 bucks at Meijer

AS others have said get a headlamp you will love the hands free option. My only suggestion on those is get something that the batteries go behind the light not on the back of your head on the band. After a few years the wires will come loose and nothing worse then having a headlamp go on and off 4 miles from the truck in the mountains.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    Boardman Brookies likes this.
  2. deepwoods

deepwoods

I am a fan of my surefire for tracking. I recently bought a Luxpro from Franks and it is very bright. I believe they have one at 1850 lumens for $40.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

3. Roman1

Roman1

If you insist on AA these are a great value. I have bought Ultrafire since 2014. They are cheap but I tend to lose them. I take them everywhere. Plus I have given several away to friends. The lithium is the way to go for tracking/brightness. Just buy spares or break an old laptop battery open and you’ll find a series soldered together that easily come apart.

3 Pack UltraFire Mini Flashlights Focus Adjustable SK68 Single Mode Tactical LED Flashlight, Ultra Bright 300 Lumens Torch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BDGD8KR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_uSnJFb1NGQWES

4. DEDGOOSE

DEDGOOSE

I have like 5 of these first I think was from ASOTV at Walmart. Bought some online.

They are marketed by many brands some Chinese company hit a gold mine.

They are bright and can shine along ways. Was embarrassed to post with all the high end posted

Roman1 likes this.
  5. triplelunger

triplelunger

I cant believe I've survived this long using cheap amazon/walmart headlamps!

6. smith34

smith34

I have a sure fire flashlight and it is bulletproof and amazing, but it is my backup in my hunting pack in case I need to do a little after dark examination after a shot (I don’t use a light in or out of stand). For tracking, I love my fenix! It has rechargeable batteries and I have spares so that I could reload it 2 more times...by then, the sun will be coming back up, so no worries. The fenix takes the 16450 rechargeable batteries, which is the same as 2 inline cr123 batteries in my surefire. I get the not wanting the lithium because of availability, but if you are prepared and have 2 sets of rechargeable charged and on standby, there is no concern.biggest thing, if you are looking for a tracking light, the white led help out with blood jumping off things for you.

7. Cat Power

Cat Power

I just got a fenix hm61r rechargeable headlamp last week

I should of bought this years ago

8. Roman1

Roman1

Yeah, They use the Cree bulbs and that’s the magic technology (as I understand it). They are great.

DEDGOOSE likes this.