Need a flashlight recommendation. Surefire? Streamlight?

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by johndeere506, Oct 13, 2020.

1. plugger

plugger Premium Member

I have a couple of small led flashlights from Lowes or Home Depot, somewhere between ten and twenty bucks, that I use. I keep two in my fanny pack and a spare set of batteries. According to my wife I usually buy the most expensive thing available but it is easy to lose a light and I am not out too much when it happens. My wife has a very nice rechargeable headlight she uses just for tracking.

2. Badfishmi

Badfishmi

Fenix pd40 v2.0 is what I use. I charge it every night usually it’s a great bright light.

3. Chris Pung

Chris Pung

4. fishx65

fishx65

Love the Coast FL series of headlamps. Best focusing system out there by far. Both the spot and flood patterns are perfect and artifact free. I see them at Wally, Home Depot and Meijer. I prefer the FL 75 and FL 85. I think I have 6 of them:) I now carry two FL's along with one spare set of batteries and don't even bother with a handheld.

5. 1morebite

1morebite

Streamlights are nice quality lights, I carry a triple A pen light for walking out and a double A light in backpack for tracking.
    I need to ad a headlight this year.

6. Boardman Brookies

Boardman Brookies

I have a Streamlight Strion. Great, rechargeable light, that stays in my pocket most of the time. I use my Coast headlamp 99% of the time. It throws some light.

7. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

I was at Meijer yesterday and in the back of the hardware section they had Coast flashlights and head lamps on clearance. I own several and really like them. They use standard batteries and last a long time and are dimmable and have an adjustable reflector.

8. Ranger Ray

Ranger Ray Smells like, Victory! Premium Member

ThruNite TC12 V2 in Neutral Light. You won't be disappointed.

I bought a single bay charger/power bank also. Cary an extra battery in it for backup. Has come in darn handy a couple times I forgot to charge my phone, before hitting woods.

Flight of the arrow likes this.
  9. ridgewalker

ridgewalker

newagogeorge, is this what you are using?
    Hands down best tracking flashlight i have ever owned. Even better under $20.00 and sometimes 2fur! good luck

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bell-How...-007-17526c4713e345&athancid=null&athena=true[/QUOTE]

[​IMG]

This is what I use when I am tracking:
    Cobiz Headlamp Flashlight USB Rechargeable -LED Ultra-bright High 6000 Lumen Work Headlight,IPX4 Waterproof & 18650 Flashlight with Zoomable Work Light,Head Lights for Camping

[​IMG]

So far it is unbelievable. I love having free hands. (I still have the old Coleman in shape if needed, lol.)

Attached Files:

10. ridgewalker

ridgewalker

I have 1 or 2 of those little LED flashlights (that are given away or cost little by the cash registers) in my pocket on the way to or back from my blind should the need arise.

11. coyote-hunter

coyote-hunter

I also highly recommend Thrunite in the neutral white color. I use a headlamp/flashlight 4-5 days a week year round. From deer hunting/tracking, night time fishing, night time coyote hunting, checking a trap line, etc. I’ve owned almost all of the higher end brands. These are the best I’ve ever used and have held up through some hard use. I use the TH30 headlamp and the TC20 handheld the most.

Ranger Ray likes this.
  12. jjlrrw

jjlrrw

I am way to hard on flashlights to pay for the best, I pickup a few at a time on ebay not the best built and some better than others but they are bright and do a good job. For the batteries I have collected a number of old laptop batteries that were being tossed and tore into them, 6 or 9 cells per for the most part. Picked up a decent charger I have close to 100 batteries now. One thing I don't like is the 5 modes all I need is ON/OFF.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-x-Tactic...Lv5PairwiseWeb&_trksid=p2060778.c100277.m3477

13. fishx65

fishx65

I used to be a flashlight snob back in my Candlepowerforum days but there's a ton of good options available at local stores these days.