Nascar up for sale -

Discussion in 'Sound Off (MichiganForums.com)' started by capper, May 7, 2018.

1. capper

capper Premium Member

Just saw on Reuters News site, that the major owners of Nascar - (the France family) - are looking at options for the sale of the company. Rats leaving a sinking ship maybe?

2. jimbo

jimbo

Ya, I quit watching . I know A couple yrs ago, they dumped millions into Daytona.
    I don't see how they'll ever recoup that money

3. capper

capper Premium Member

I finally gave up on em. This is the first year in a long time that I haven't watched even one race.

Sasquatch Lives and baseballdad like this.
  4. wannabapro

wannabapro

Shoulda sold about 5-7 years ago.

hawgeye and HUBBHUNTER like this.
  5. Fishndude

Fishndude

If you want to see people making power moves in cars, take a drive through Dearborn any day of the week.

GM NASCAR DRIVER: "Hello, OnStar? Yeah, I turned right again, by accident. Can you help me?"

6. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

Left.
    Left.
    Left.
    Left.

(Pace notes from pre-running the race course)

TriggerDiscipline likes this.
  7. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

They have had an identity crisis for a long time. When Fox stopped broadcasting them to run infomercials instead...

mattawanhunter and mbirdsley like this.
  8. david boyko

david boyko

been losing interest ever since the chase crap started and watch even less with the stupid stage racing (commercial break) crap

motdean and capper like this.
  9. perchyanker

perchyanker

The stage racing i thought brought more excitement, but wasn't a fan at first.

Pit Road speed limits suck and the lucky dog. Those made me stop being a die hard fan.

Still gotta watch Daytona & Daga.

Sent from my LGL82VL using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

10. luv2havemoartime

luv2havemoartime

NASCAR began to die when Earnhardt died. Racing is too safe now for many and most people don't watch ANY sport for hours anymore...they "click" for updates

jiggin is livin likes this.
  11. R.J.M.

R.J.M.

15 years of
    If it’s not broke fix it till it is . And now we have a product that just sucks to watch .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. david boyko

david boyko

I think they should just go back to the system when the best car all season wins the cup especially after Kyle Busch missed half the season and wins the cup that just wasn't right

Josh R likes this.
  13. Gordon Casey

Gordon Casey

Part of the reason I think NASCAR is going down hill fast is because of the following;
    Cars have become too reliable. When was the last time a bunch of cars were lost due to blown engine, blown transmission, burn't up rear ends??? Races are too predictable, the same 5 win every race.
    Cars are much better handling now, not a lot of drivers fighting the wheel or drifting into he turns.
    Races are too scripted and calculated, makes no sense watching Daytona or Dega until the last 50 laps, they just run in a circle until then.
    NASCAR has become too corporate. No more good ole boys with poor grammar. Drivers now have speech coaches to make the sponsors happy.
    Get rid of the Waltrips.
    The announcers say the same thing every race every year. If you were in a coma for 5 years then woke, watched a race, you would think you were out for a week. How bout that " crank it up" BS. I puke everytime I hear it.
    I'm also tired of the "burn outs" after the race---remember that old saying "act like you have been there before". The good ole boys never did that crap, they just had fistfights.
    Get rid of the restrictor plates. Let the good drivers, good mechanics, good handling mechanics show their stuff. Some people will say it would be too unsafe---- do you want unsafe just watch a motorcycle road race, now that's unsafe.
    How about having a few "vintage car" races each year. It would be cool watching some 60's era cars going at it.
    Another old saying-----"if you do what you did your going to get what you got". NASCAR is "ground hog day".

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    mbirdsley, Sprytle, cstroh and 3 others like this.
  14. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin

Couldn't agree more. And probably why I'd much rather watch a motorcycle race. Lol

NASCAR is going the same way as the NFL. Too much corporate and trying to minimize safety risk. It's F'n football and racing, it ain't supposed to be safe. Let the big boys run, that's where the entertainment and competition lies.

Sent from my E6810 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

cstroh and 6Speed like this.
  15. Sasquatch Lives

Sasquatch Lives

Used to love nascar years ago but lost interest for all the reasons already posted. Tried watching the end of Talladega this year and same old boring crap, no lead changes. Sinking ship.