My 365 leaf blower

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by Old Man, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Old Man

Old Man

I have a lot of leaf fall in the autumn so I did a little research and talk to friends of mine that had a similar issue and they all recommended that I buy a commercial grade leaf blower. So, I ended up buying a 630 cfm commercial grade blower. And what a job it did on my leaves. It moved everything, leaves and small sticks so easily.

I have a large parking area on my driveway. Then a few years ago, more than I care to really count, we had a 3 or 4 day period of snow fall of about an inch or less daily which I usually just shoveled rather than drag out my Ariens 24" two stage snow thrower. And having a problem back and arthritis I wasn't looking forward the daily task ahead. Then a light when off in my head. Why not see what that beast of a leaf blower could do with the snow and it changed my whole approach to handling snow. That blower blew that snow like crazy. If I have snow, I have used it on up to about 1.5" if the temps are down and the snow is fluffy like now, it is my first option for removing it. It is also great for cleaning off my vehicle in seconds. And as with leaf blowing, you can't fight the wind. you must blow down wind. You can't ever fight the wind.

If you have similar problems with snow and have a good leaf blower, I would highly recommend trying it out. My friends that I have told about this and they have tried it, are so happy about the results. I never put mine away for the winter which is why I call it my 365 day leaf blower.

roger15055 and rollin stone like this.
  2. Burksee

Burksee Premium Member

They do work great, I have a smaller hand held that works great on cars. Mine's not as pretty as the picture here but with this sucker I can create my own personal blizzard! I quit the changing from spring/summer/fall 30W oil to winter time 10W oil, switched over to synthetic 10W30 and I'm good to go year round!
    [​IMG]

rollin stone likes this.

3. multibeard

multibeard Premium Member

I use my electric leaf blower all the time to move small amounts of snow.

I have thought of getting a blower similar to Burkses. The only problem I think I see is that you have to drag it back to where you started and start blowing all over again as I do not see that you can change the direction it blows.

I will stick to my electric and gas hand held blowers as I can not stand to walk that much with my back problems especially not getting any thing accomplished.

4. UplandnWaterfowl

UplandnWaterfowl Premium Member

@Old Man I use my backpack blower whenever there is dry snow, it works perfect and quicker then shoveling. If we are forecasted to get more then 2 inches, I will do a quick removal mid snow.

For leaves, I bought on of these, 4000 cfm and can do in a day what took a week before.

debris4-thumb.jpg

5. HUBBHUNTER2

HUBBHUNTER2

Yes I use my Stihl BP blower if I get a light dusting. Works great!

Old Man likes this.
  6. jackbob42

jackbob42

I bought a leaf blower just for that purpose.
    Does the steps , porch , and both vehicles in about 15 minutes.

Old Man likes this.
  7. Old Man

Old Man

Absolutely, they are great for irregular areas where a snow thrower can't get to. I also use mine for clearing off my front walk and porch. And my deck, which is about five feet above ground and impossible for me to get my snow thrower up on. No furniture needs to be moved either because the leaf blower doesn't even know it's there. I have cleared about eight inches off of it this year once and it is 16' by 20'. It takes time to do that much snow but it does handle it if done properly. I forgot to say that mine is a 630 cfm Shindaiwa backpack. I think that is how you spell the manufacturer.

8. Fishndude

Fishndude

My neighbor uses his snowblower, followed by a shovel, followed by his leaf blower, every time it snows. Even with as little as 1" of snow, he hits it with everything he has. He loves his leaf blower more than he loves his wife, and uses it virtually every day, year-round. You can almost set your clock by him using it (for the first time of any given day) at 7:00am each day.

Old Man likes this.
  9. piketroller

piketroller

If you have a big yard, you don’t know what you’re missing until you try one of these push blowers. They will do a 6 hour job of an electric blower in about 20 minutes.

Burksee likes this.