Muskie Hot Spots

Discussion in 'Lk. St. Clair and St. Clair River' started by mbeakas, Jul 8, 2010.

1. mbeakas

mbeakas

A couple of my buddies and myself are going to fish sunday. We were planning on trolling around the dumping grounds based on some previous advice... Anybody else doing well or having consistent luck anywhere else. Were just trying to hopefully catch a couple. Thanks guys, Matt

2. ESOX

ESOX Staff Member Super Mod Mods

What time are you going out Sunday? I will be fishing the US side of the lower lake starting about 0500...

3. mbeakas

mbeakas

We're headed out probably around the same time or close to that.. We don't have canadian licenses so we'll be targeting the lower waters as well. It's our 1st trip to St. Clair, so I guess we'll be learning the whole time...

4. ESOX

Do you cast at all or just troll?

5. mbeakas

mbeakas

I would like to do both....But my buddies like to troll a lot, so we'll see I guess. Any tips or suggestions would be awesome..

6. ESOX

Trolling, well, it's king of hard to not catch some fish down there if you are straining the water, try to find water with a nice stain to it, not too clear, but not filthy. Casting, The prime spots for casting will change a bit from day to day depending upon the wind direction and how the currents and clarity set up. A lot of my better fish come from areas that can't be trolled, think like a trout fisherman, find the eddys around seawall corners and ends, humps in the bottom, etc.. PM me your cell #, maybe we can tag team them after I drop a couple walleye in the livewell for dinner.:)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  7. joshxp

joshxp

ESOX is the guy to talk to in regards to St. Clair for Muskies. He put me on some fantastic fish last season. In respect to the dumping grounds, we fished yesterday from 330 until dark (yes we got stuck in that storm) and only came up with 2 Muskies. Both were in the mid 30's and came on down rods. Best of luck this weekend.

8. UNREEL

UNREEL Banned

The difference between 2 fish and 20 fish is a Canadian license.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. yellowbelly80

yellowbelly80

there are a ton of those crap fish on the Canadian side..the walleye guys cant keep them off..the are hitting our in-line boards for crying out loud

10. HammerHandle

HammerHandle

:lol::lol:

11. sturgeon killer

sturgeon killer

Try at grassy island, by buoy 13. on edge of weed bed , edge of channel. good luck use smaal silver storm kickin minnows. and super shad rap tiger. good luck.

12. ahartz

ahartz

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

13. daryll

daryll

Canadian side is the way to go. Red barn to Stoney point have been on fire.

14. fishinthed

fishinthed

Yup. Not to mention 8 rods for 4 anglers, as opposed to 2 rods for 1 angler. :fish:

15. dvigs16

dvigs16

How does the michigan fishing licenses work? Is it yearly or 3 years or ? and whats the cost?