close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Muskegon Waste Water 2017

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by Far Beyond Driven, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

Scouted MWW tonight. Hay, hay, hay. Being cut tonight at dusk. Lots of it cut down to golf green height. Good luck hiding.

About 800 geese in the fields. 5 ducks, 6 sand hills, and deer everywhere, including 3' off my bumper. Can't see that 6500# truck with the lights on but can see a hunter 1/4 mile away?

Unless noted, I either didn't see the field, or it's hay:

Beans: Gap between 43/46, 33, 35, 25, 18, 6, 7, 8.

Corn: South half of 51, 50 (new gravel drive), 34, 3, 4, 14, 19, 20, 22, 23.

I may have mixed those up a bit as I wrote them on an old marked up map from years ago in dark green marker forgetting I'm color blind.

Corn is still being watered and is very green. Seriously doubt it will be down in a month. Beans are yellowing. Not sure about them. May be an all hay opener, and with that I would expect they'll be done cutting by the opener, but I would not expect any tall hay. Time to cut hay from the immediate edge of the field and lay in the pivot ruts under it without a blind when the hay is that cropped.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Highball28, fishjump, jduck and 2 others like this.
  2. TNL

TNL

Wow. Not a lot corn. None south of Apple save 50 & 51. Only had 1 decent hunt in 50 in the last 34 years.

Only 1 corn zone in the triangle? I can't EVER remember that happening. Even north of White it sounds pretty sparse. Nothing in 1 or 2?

Nic said they have another new farm mgr. I understand there has to be crop rotation, but really? On the plus side, he said the corn strips will be up again this year. Should be an interesting season.

3. BaldwinHunter

BaldwinHunter

I was really happy with what the old new farm manager was doing with the fields. We will see...

4. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

Corn fields are at the corners of the unit. Scouting all of them in that last half hour on a clear night is going to be a trick.

50 and 8 are the only two zones I've hunted there and not killed a bird. Eight was my first hunt ever, and 50 I missed my only good chance that hunt. I'm down to about 15 zones I haven't killed a bird in up there, maybe this is the year for 22 and 23.

jduck likes this.
  5. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

Sorry. Looked at my notes again and 47 is also corn.