close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Muskegon fishing and thoughts

Discussion in 'Big Lake Cold Water Fishing Reports' started by us18188, Sep 11, 2017.

1. OneidaEagle

OneidaEagle

Most people have probably bailed on the jigging except the hard core.

I myself, went Bow hunting instead.
    Slept in fighting a cold, got all drank up on DayQuill, went hunting..... Napped in tree, it was a good day.

Waltsfishing likes this.
  2. us18188

us18188

Hello all!!!

Has anyone been out in the last couple days? I want to get out this evening and tomorrow if the weather allows. Looking g for a place to start. Thinking try the pier heads for an hour and then out to 80' to 120' and see what happens. Will post again if the weather lets me go!

Good luck all!

SJ

Waltsfishing likes this.

3. aquaalf

aquaalf

If things work out I will be fishing out of Whitehall tomorrow and will report

4. us18188

us18188

Good morning all!

I am hoping to get out today and tomorrow afternoon. The wind gods are being nice it looks for the late afternoon and evening. If this holds true we will fish! My plan is to target steel head by the piers and maybe head out to 80-120? This plan may change and have to head out deeper. I will let everyone know how we do as soon as i get back in. Was going to report last time but the wind gods must havebeen angry and we didn't make it out.

Anyone here anything out there?

Good luck and screaming drags to all!

5. aquaalf

aquaalf

Just got in from Whitehall, set lines at 7:20 and pulled at 10:20. Fished from 65fow to 190fow, only 1 hit in a green glo J plug down 73ft. in 130fow fish off before hands on. Screen amazingly clear of fish until we hit 60fow then several showed up out to 140 or so but did not want what we were selling. Tried J plug, Mag Moonshines, std. size DW spoons and SD with Moonshine flies. Most fish were 60 to 110ft. down.

6. us18188

us18188

Hello folks!

Good news! Got the 1 month skunk out of the boat!

Bad news, one 24" lake. At least we got one in 4 hours of fishing! So, I would start in 100' and troll out. That is where we marked fish and bait. Water is still warm down to 68 feet. We trolled super slims in orange and blue\green dolphins and that is what we got laker on. If we would have known we just would have started in 120. 65 to 80 down on the graph and temp probe was reading 58 degrees at roughly 70 down. Give or take a foot or two on cables.

That is all I got and good luck!