Munuscong Bay

Discussion in 'Icefishing UP inland lakes and big lake bays' started by Fishforfood, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Fishforfood

Fishforfood

Planning a trip to Munuscong Bay in early February. I've never fished there before. Taking my son and son in law. Anyone have any wisdom to share?

2. Mathews Man

Mathews Man

shallow, dirty water...look for permanent shanties...bring covers for your tip-up holes, the darker the better....jig, jig, jig with rods...oh yeah, bring extra tanks of gas to keep that heater working...you never know what you will catch(perch, walters, pike)

all of these tips are from people i know that have fished it...i have not, myself

3. tjays

tjays

Water is up expect 2-5ft, the walleye fishing the last 2-3 years has been very good. With the water being up you can access by walking 1/2 mile or more but I would recommend a snowmobile. Check out the photos on these guys https://www.facebook.com/EUP-OutDoors-321694811357966/

4. chasing em

chasing em

This is good advice. Used to fish the walleye tournament in January every year in the 80s n 90s..til the cook tent blew away one year and they cancelled it. Always seemed to be better moving til you found some then it was game on. Never could see the bottom of your hole with the visability but the fish could find your bait

5. yooper357

yooper357

soo ste. marie/ alaska, prince william sound
    Hearing there is 4-6" yesterday out there

6. waterfowl_warrior09

waterfowl_warrior09

7. Munuscool

Munuscool

Thought I'd give this a bump. It's been a pretty good season for me. I've been averaging about 1-2 keeper eyes and a handful of perch the last few trips out. Took advantage of the warmer weather and headed out yesterday. The throwback walleyes and pike kept me busy. Thankful for this 17 incher and these three perch though. Gave enough for a good meal. Also lost literally a 3 lb walleye just beneath the hole right around 12:20 PM. Kind of weird timing. Will be back at it probably not this coming weekend but the next. How's everyone else been faring?

IMG_1667.JPG

wallydogger 2 and fishindave like this.
  8. wallydogger 2

wallydogger 2

thanks for the report . hopefully making a trip up there this year . 1st trip last year with all that slush you had up there hard time getting around with 4 whelers could move to much .we did catch some fish and had a great time . stayed at dans great place.

Munuscool likes this.
  9. tpcubed

tpcubed

Is Munuscong mainly a night bite?

10. pavy31

pavy31

First thing in morning for eyes then move shallow for perch and evening again for eyes

11. skins to scales

skins to scales

How deep for eyes? Dans resort area?

12. waterfowl_warrior09

waterfowl_warrior09

Pretty much all 6 ft, gotta find subtle bottom changes.

Munuscool likes this.
  13. MN_Walleye_Slayer

MN_Walleye_Slayer

Giving her a shot tomorrow for the first time. I’ll pst an update, hopefully this warmer weather triggers a bite!

Munuscool likes this.
  14. waterfowl_warrior09

waterfowl_warrior09

Tons of people today, was kinda mind blowing. At one point I counted 90 vehicles, not including wheelers and sleds, just cars, vans and trucks.

15. skins to scales

skins to scales

I didn’t make it up as wrk called me in but everywhere I have been I cannot believe how many people r ice fishing this year. Even lake st Clair , I couldn’t even keep count of the people I have seen there this year. Reminds me of the 1970’s.