Mullett Lake rainbows

Discussion in 'Warm Water Fishing Inland LP Lakes' started by jesseb, May 14, 2018.

1. jesseb

jesseb

I know it’s not a heavily targeted fishery, but does anybody have any insight on how to target these fishat this time of year? Are they all up river? I trolled the lake for six hours at varying depths and hardly marked any fish at all. It was like I was trolling a barren waste land. I love trolling for trout and heard the rainbow fishing there was excellent but I sure didn’t see it.

2. Jimbo 09

Jimbo 09

I believe it’s more of a late summer thing. A lot easier to troll for them when there is a thermocline set up.

3. B&D

B&D

I fish for Walleye in early June and usually pick up a few Browns and Rainbows up in shallow water (12 to18 ft.) trolling crankbaits.I think they are shallow feeding on Mayflies. Late Summer guys troll the south end off Red Pine Point and do very well.

4. fishindave

fishindave

This time of year they should be spawning or just done. Just done fish should be near the mouths of the rivers

5. jesseb

jesseb

Thanks fellas, looks like I was just too early. I made the mistake of thinking they would be like the smaller inland lakes I troll for them, those guys are already starting to drop in the water column with surface temps starting to reach near or above 60 degrees. I’ll try later in the year. Thanks again!