close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mud motor idiots

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by ice ghost, Dec 4, 2017.

1. just ducky

just ducky

Don't worry ol' buddy...the fat lady is definitely warming up her pipes!!! :) But then again, it's the first week of December...we've been fortunate not to have significant ice yet

smoke likes this.
  2. Aaronjeep2

Aaronjeep2

Nothing like sitting at a red light the Harley's got that beautiful potato potato potato sound. since duck season is dang near over it needs to be riding season again.

3. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

At least diesels, albeit loud, sound good. I like the kids that spend $1000 on a four banger perfectly replicating the sound of a rotted out muffler. Blaaaaaaaaaattttt.

The Reel Slacker and smoke like this.
  4. AaronJohn

AaronJohn

Bllaaaat pat pat pat pop pop

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

Far Beyond Driven likes this.
  5. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

Then you have the pop off valve on the turbo so it goes pft pft pft pft pop from under the hood while going pat pat pop pop from the tail pipe.

And my SVT is probably faster and corners better any how.

Socks and AaronJohn like this.
  6. ajkulish

ajkulish

I dont know man, some of these 4 cylinders sound pretty good. And move pretty good too ;)

However, i did spend a little more than 1000 on that lol

Attached Files:

zimmzala likes this.
  7. smoke

smoke

At the right rpms that's ( Sort of ) what my vtwin sounds like on my mud motor. I love it, but then again; i'm a "mud motor idiot" so yeah that figures.............

Aaronjeep2 likes this.
  8. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

Used to pro rally in an Evo4 that put 442 hp to the ground but blew up on a regular basis. Pin would snap and the rod would machete the block.

Guy at work has a talon with 1000's of dollars in mods and no clue what it makes, but he has slips and videos showing it destroying a stock viper in the quarter mile. I've driven and ridden in ridiculous cars but nothing comes close to this one. He downshifted at 70 on the highway and broke all four loose.

shrek527 likes this.
  9. ajkulish

ajkulish

Yeah those 4g63s are pretty wild motors. My buddy had one similar, about 450 whp. The motor i posted is my MZR-DISI from a mazdaspeed6. Manley internals, Garrett GTX 3076 at 25 psi, with methanol injection. Motor is good for 650 but i am shooting for 500 to the wheels.

zimmzala and Far Beyond Driven like this.
  10. AaronJohn

AaronJohn

I agree

Shiawassee_Kid likes this.
  11. AaronJohn

AaronJohn

I think the diesel trucks sounds great as long as they don't scream and moan like these guys straight piping their rigs.

My dirtymax stock sounds pretty sexy and I pull a lot quite often with it so I don't want it to roar all day long just to turn heads.

"Sorry 'bout ya neck"

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

12. swampbuck

swampbuck

My diesel is a stock original 86 Chevy, I wouldn't say it sounds great. LOL. Sure attracts a lot of attention though.

13. AaronJohn

AaronJohn

Just another thing to go wrong too, it threads into where your choke would be, who knows what it patterns like, makes your gun 8 inches longer, smack it on a tree risk funking up threads. Long and awkward unless you shorten your barrel for it with would be kinda cool.

14. AaronJohn

AaronJohn

New great idea: diesel shallow drive mud motor. Turbo. Straight pipe and a chrome stack. And all the stickers including the entire pledge of allegiance.

And wide stretched street tires. Idk where but maybe the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

Aaronjeep2 and Far Beyond Driven like this.
  15. Robert Holmes

Robert Holmes

What kills me is that I surf fish near river mouths that have boat access. Duck hunters launch in the river a 21 foot Lund boat with a 250 Mercury and blast full throttle into the lake. You know who you are and you are on here complaining about a guy with a 14 foot boat with a mud motor spooking ducks. You guys don't seem to care about the guy that is fishing or duck hunting near shore. I have had guys cut my lines on purpose and I have seen guys that have had to reset their whole spread because of the wake. Your hunting is so precious and screw everyone else out there, that is not the way it works.