close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mud motor idiots

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by ice ghost, Dec 4, 2017.

1. ice ghost

ice ghost

If you hunted SW Friday continue reading. First off, is there any way to make these noisy mother f#@&$@ surface drives quiter? The noise level created completely goes against what your there for. Duck's and geese leave the area when they here you fire that thing up. I listen to it every morning. I slide in in silence in a canoe. Sit and listen to the birds that spent the night and you idiots show up with your loud ass diesel truck and then proceed to start that boat motor. Second, then you leave around 9-930 every time because you can't kill any ducks. Then proceed to get stuck or hung up in the knuckle brush cuz ya don't know the place. Friday you screwed up three big flocks of mallards and blacks that wouldn't work at all while revved that dam thing for 15 minutes. Your making a bunch of enemies. Some if them are a little mentally deranged. Please just use your head a little. Yea., it's state land, crap is gonna happen, always has, so whoever decides to throw that in, thanks captain obvious.

2. TheHighLIfe

TheHighLIfe

totally agree about the noise and typical lack of consideration of drivers

3. ice ghost

ice ghost

Thanks highlife, I hate getting pissed about stuff but dang, if ya gotta have one of these things think a little. Still don't get why though. I can hunt the entire place with a canoe. Places that noise maker can't get to. Birds are hard enough to kill at the present time without the noise. Add that and it's not happening.

Last-n-Draw likes this.
  4. dinoday

dinoday

There's a couple guys that have them where I hunt.
    As soon as the engine fires up the flocks leave the lake, every single time, even early season.

5. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

They are loud. Too bad the can't be as quiet as my E-Tec is.

6. Duck-Hunter

Duck-Hunter Staff Member Mods

You guys probably never hunted Saginaw bay.. You think mud motors are bad, wait until an airboat fires up.

Diesel truck and mud motor sounds like they are living the highlife. They are loud but make life worth living.

DuckMan, smoke, dpweurding and 2 others like this.
  7. TheHighLIfe

TheHighLIfe

8. flighthunter

flighthunter

guys put straight pipes or low restriction muffs to get that Harley sound out of the v twin lawnmower engine.

you hit the nail on the head, it's usually the turds rolling coal in their lifted trucks that never go off road that do this.

common denominator is they think it's bad ass/tough.

Nutbush, amon and Shoeman like this.
  9. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

It is odd to want to make a lot of noise in a sport where stealth is important. Seems to be a bit counter-productive to me.

10. Sofa King what?

Sofa King what?

I used to canoe...then i got sick of it. Love my long tail mud motor. Vtwin with stock exhaust is comprable in noise level to alot of two stroke outboards

babs2699 likes this.
  11. Dead Bird

Dead Bird Mods

if you are the one making the noise you don't realize what you are not seeing.... if you are the one hunting and get to see what the noise is causing you have a different view....

It is like the guy with a power auger he doesn't realize how many fish he is spooking because he hasn't started to fish yet.... as he is drilling the lake full of Swiss cheese....

12. sullyxlh

sullyxlh

That's because your not lazy.

DNR needs to outlaw anything motorized during the hunts

It would eliminate alot of the lazyasses and would be far better for hunting all around..

fishlessyooper and Petepuma like this.
  13. Sofa King what?

Sofa King what?

Really? That's just crazy. Maybe the OP should find a different place to hunt if he's that bothered by others being close enough to spoil his hunt by simply running their boat.

Have fun in your canoes chasing a cripple or paddling against a strong head wind that picks up just in time for your paddle back upstream to your subaru with the canoe rack on top and the equal sign on the rear window

14. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

I am not sure about banning things, there must be something in between. I know I can't use my canoe anymore, too difficult to get in and out of with my aging legs.

Howard Baumann and babs2699 like this.
  15. The Reel Slacker

The Reel Slacker

That is just a dumb statement, period. SMFH

Capt.STU, smoke and babs2699 like this.