close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

MUCC / Metro-West Steelheaders Clinton River Clean Up THIS SATURDAY

Discussion in 'South East Michigan Streams and Rivers' started by AdamBradley, Jul 10, 2017.

1. AdamBradley

AdamBradley

This Saturday MUCC, MWS, and the Clinton River Watershed Council are hosting a cleanup at Yates. I have been helping to organize this cleanup for the last 4 years on the Clinton. Each year we have hauled out a pretty fair amount of stuff even in the years of low attendance. (the 4 year total is well over 1,000 pounds!) As of now the weather looks pretty decent! If you are available, I hope you can attend for a couple of hours to lend a hand!

If interested, please RSVP below:
    http://www.mucc.org/otg_metro_west_steelheaders_clinton_river_clean_up

Beginning at 9:00am we will have coffee/donuts for the start of the event, water and Gatorade for our participants during the event, and lunch at the conclusion of the event.

In the past three years, we have wrapped up and departed by 1:00 or 2:00pm, so you still have the afternoon/evening to enjoy.

I hope to see some familiar, as well as new faces out there this weekend! Thanks in advance if you are able to attend!

Any questions, let me know.

Thanks,
    Adam

2. AdamBradley

AdamBradley

Hi Guys,

Just a reminder that this event is tomorrow at 9:00am at Yates Park/Cider Mill. Anyone available is welcome! Thanks!

3. AdamBradley

AdamBradley

The event was a pretty good success. Had a pretty good turnout, and collected 200-300 pounds of trash and debris. Best finds were an antique rusty chair, Harlem Globetrotters basketball, 3" pink rubber duck, and a 4 foot construction cone. Hope to see some faces from years past next year, as well as some new faces!

[​IMG]